Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maybe it is ranked warzones that need some work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Maybe it is ranked warzones that need some work?

Cilas's Avatar


Cilas
11.20.2012 , 02:01 PM | #21
Queues are long because only like 2 or 3 groups queue anymore.. So you have to wait until one set of two is out to get a pop. I imagine matching ratings is a similar problem, too few teams playing to actually make use of that.

So how do we fix that? How do we get a lot more players into rated? See original post for suggestions.

Think about it, hundreds of people went to ilum every day. Now that our daily and weekly is gone for ilum, it is usually a graveyard.
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

cycao's Avatar


cycao
11.20.2012 , 02:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
Queues are long because only like 2 or 3 groups queue anymore.. So you have to wait until one set of two is out to get a pop. I imagine matching ratings is a similar problem, too few teams playing to actually make use of that.

So how do we fix that? How do we get a lot more players into rated? See original post for suggestions.

Think about it, hundreds of people went to ilum every day. Now that our daily and weekly is gone for ilum, it is usually a graveyard.
I think the only thing they can do is put cross server queues in the game and I do not see them doing that...ever.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.20.2012 , 02:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I think the only thing they can do is put cross server queues in the game and I do not see them doing that...ever.
I was hopeful that they were still working on it because of the high demand from the PvP community. Couldn't find an interview or comment made by anyone in the dev team more recent than March...

Unfortunately, you may be right and I think they've abandoned it completely.

TheronFett's Avatar


TheronFett
11.20.2012 , 02:19 PM | #24
Which brings us back full circle to my point. It's easier/more fun to just take 4 players and faceroll PUGs in normal PvP. Even if you do manage to get a decent team together, there's:

1) Long queue times for RWZ. Your group can often get 3-4 normal queues while waiting for a single ranked match.

2) When a RWZ match finally does begin, more often than not, it's the same team who either A) facerolls your team or B) you faceroll them. It's rarely a competitive match in my experience. Your mileage may vary.

Let's just be honest. RWZ has one purpose: for PvP guilds to queue up 16 players and trade wins to gear up faster. That's really about the only practical use for them.

Cilas's Avatar


Cilas
11.20.2012 , 02:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I think the only thing they can do is put cross server queues in the game and I do not see them doing that...ever.
naw, easy fix is just to add another daily/weekly for us. ppl that want gear will do rated so they can get more comms and ppl that have gear will enjoy that undergeared people are queuing
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

islander's Avatar


islander
11.20.2012 , 02:45 PM | #26
Thing is, at least on P5, I face plenty of 3-4 man teams whether I'm solo queued or team queued. Maybe its just too small a sample size ( I came back a week before 1.5).
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Muramxx's Avatar


Muramxx
11.20.2012 , 06:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Fact : Regular warzones don't belong to solo players...It's for everyone.
I could go on but getting through to these types are a waste of time. they just want easy mode death match with out responsibility of TEAM play on a MMO


So solo WZ's belong to all and RWZ's belong to the elite... got it. The elites and premades get /easy mode with PUG stomping and PUGs get **** on repeatedly? There is the elitiest mentality at it's finest. You claim you want fair matches then do the RW. your only excuse is the ques take to long because no one is doing them... There is a reason for that... because it's faster and EASIER to pugstomp which in essence means you have an /easy mode, and why would you want that advantage to disappear?

Cilas's Avatar


Cilas
11.20.2012 , 06:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Thing is, at least on P5, I face plenty of 3-4 man teams whether I'm solo queued or team queued. Maybe its just too small a sample size ( I came back a week before 1.5).
what's your point?
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

QuietGoneJinn's Avatar


QuietGoneJinn
11.20.2012 , 06:24 PM | #29
Ranked Warzones should be about skill not gear. Add another "Equality Bolster" and let the better players fight it out on equal grounds.

Instead RWZs are just the place where Guilds with too many people roll other teams because they've been collecting RWZ commendations for months now, and have the best Full War Hero Augmented BiS gear you can get for that class.

tl;dr: Ranked does nothing more but reward players with the best gear. And what are they rewarded with? More money to buy even better gear!


As someone who re-subscribed in October and went from Champion to Battlemaster to War Hero, I can tell you gear makes ALL the difference. Some fights I don't even have to try, and can literally stand there and wait for my cooldowns while my opponent hammers away at me to no avail.

And I know some players will come in and say "Skill > Gear", but really. I've heard people say that and claim to have "Recruit Gear" and when you inspect them (I guess they're unaware of this feature) you see they've got Full War Hero. It's hilarious to catch them in a lie.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.20.2012 , 06:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Muramxx View Post
So solo WZ's belong to all and RWZ's belong to the elite... got it. The elites and premades get /easy mode with PUG stomping and PUGs get **** on repeatedly? There is the elitiest mentality at it's finest. You claim you want fair matches then do the RW. your only excuse is the ques take to long because no one is doing them... There is a reason for that... because it's faster and EASIER to pugstomp which in essence means you have an /easy mode, and why would you want that advantage to disappear?
I Think some people like to complain and love to play victim when all they have to do is get a group together. If they are a victim then it's always "The Man" keeping them down and since they don't try they won't fail at that to. Sorry but BW is not the government and you will not be getting your solo que or free WH on the first of the month.

And if your so mad, form a group and come get me. Oh wait that would be work and unfair for me to ask you to do. But I'm on the Shadowlands server Republic side, Name: Alen and Pezz. Come exact some revenge if you ever feel like you need to.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane