Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Cartel Market killed my speeder sales

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
The Cartel Market killed my speeder sales

Thylbanus
11.20.2012 , 11:11 AM | #1
A guild mate and I were lamenting the flood of scaleable speeders that has recently hit the GTN from the Cartel Packs. They are so common or unpopular that they are sold for less than the cost to can make our speeders. I'm sure that areas have been hit as well. The Cartel Market also hit the Cybertechs in the mods department. Being able to purchase artifact (purple) modded gear means that at level 15 you have mods that will serve you until level 20 at least. Practically eliminating the need for level 15-21 mods. Then it levels out until level 31 then repeats, exempt it hits again at 41. This has severely hit Cybertech bank accounts.

While I like much of the CCM, the effect on the market has been desastrous for Cybertechs. At least with Armormechs and Synthweaver, there is a style to work with. I would be all for a reduction in price with the elimination of the mods associated with these items. This treads uncomfortably into the pay to win area. While there has been no end game gear (and hopefully never will), it has sent the market into a tailspin for some of us that don't quite have that skill level yet.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Icebergy
11.20.2012 , 11:19 AM | #2
"I am having a harder time making money so I am going to make pay to win accusations to try to get my way."

No.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Andge
11.20.2012 , 11:21 AM | #3
I sympathise with you.

The cartel shop screwed up a lot of things; e.g. making items and features that players spend hours and hours to achieve unlockable in a sec with CCs, making gear that people spend hours and hours to craft more or less redundant and thus worthless on the GTN etc.

But I guess we have to remember that the cartel shop and F2P is in a way a desperate move to save the game from completely shutting down. So in way, we all have to carry the burden of the patient, and cross our fingers that he will even survive. Then concern ourselves with the unbalances created by the cartel shop and F2P afterwards.

Still, I do understand your frustration. I just think you have to remember, the cartel shop and F2P was a matter of SWTOR being close to shutting down. At least he's still breathing. For now.

Andge
11.20.2012 , 11:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
"I am having a harder time making money so I am going to make pay to win accusations to try to get my way."

No.
Did you even post that in the intended thread? Makes no sense in this one.

Icebergy
11.20.2012 , 11:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Did you even post that in the intended thread? Makes no sense in this one.
It makes perfect sense. He complained that he can't make money anymore, and then he accused Bioware of pay to win. Just like I said.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Spoletta
11.20.2012 , 11:39 AM | #6
Never lean on a single area of the market, else you carry the risk that a new feature/change destroys that market and you are left with nothing. I'm cybertech and i'm making big creds out of 1.5.

Journeyer
11.20.2012 , 11:41 AM | #7
Biggest problem I see isn't speeder sales. It's anything purple!

Used to be that you couldn't sell regular gear because it's everywhere and drops easily. You could craft and GTN the good stuff!! But...f2pers can't equip the good stuff...
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Thylbanus
11.20.2012 , 11:45 AM | #8
It makes perfect sense. He complained that he can't make money anymore, and then he accused Bioware of pay to win. Just like I said.
Reading comprehension is at an all time low.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Andge
11.20.2012 , 11:49 AM | #9
You forgot to include "to try to get my way"....which makes no sense, as there is nothing in OP's comment about him trying to get his way.

So again, your comment makes no sense.

Andge
11.20.2012 , 11:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Reading comprehension is at an all time low.
Yes, apparently people can't even comprehend what they are writing themselves...