Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You can buy account unlocks and cartel items with CREDITS w00t!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You can buy account unlocks and cartel items with CREDITS w00t!

GalaxyStrong
11.20.2012 , 01:00 PM | #21
How much does Access to Section-X sell for on the GTN???
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Arkerus
11.20.2012 , 01:01 PM | #22
I think this is good. It kills the argument (almost) that there needs to be a way to earn cartel coins in game.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

ChazDoit
11.20.2012 , 01:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
How much does Access to Section-X sell for on the GTN???
I've seen Section X (account) for like 350K on Jedi Covenant, it's incredible value considering it's access for ALL your characters.

I think they do the same with Makeb

Nethgilne
11.20.2012 , 01:47 PM | #24
This is indeed a design if it works out well.

But i have to wonder if subbed players will be properly motivated to put mundane stuff like character unlocks up on the GTN. Especially for the more expensive stuff like the section X unlock, would a subbed player be willing to spend 600 cartel coins for a chance of selling it for at most 350k creds?

BadOrb
11.20.2012 , 01:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
I've seen Section X (account) for like 350K on Jedi Covenant, it's incredible value considering it's access for ALL your characters.

They where a million on Ebon Hawk recently and I thought that's not right as well preferred and F2P haven't access to that sort of money . Then it dawned on me if someone wants to buy it for a friend or if a person was thinking of unsubbing they could buy before they unsub , problem solved. I'm sure they are cheaper today though and probably about 800 k.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

RycheMykola
11.20.2012 , 01:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
They where a million on Ebon Hawk recently and I thought that's not right as well preferred and F2P haven't access to that sort of money . Then it dawned on me if someone wants to buy it for a friend or if a person was thinking of unsubbing they could buy before they unsub , problem solved. I'm sure they are cheaper today though and probably about 800 k.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
I've seen tons of those on the AH in the 100k-150k range.

RycheMykola
11.20.2012 , 01:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post

You only get 2 toons as a f2p. Comes down to 175k per toon. Thats about an average price.

ChazDoit
11.20.2012 , 03:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by RycheMykola View Post
You only get 2 toons as a f2p. Comes down to 175k per toon. Thats about an average price.
The account unlocks, apply to all the characters on your account as the name suggests, so if you buy another character slot in the future, they will have all those unlocks, not absolutely sure however, Bioware should confirm

MasterKayote
11.20.2012 , 03:43 PM | #29
Meh, if they remove the middle man (ie. sell directly from CM for credits) then I may be sold on staying. Hoping that stuff shows up on GTN isnt my idea of good treatment of subbers IMO.

Though I guess its still better than 100% CM exclusives so good on Bioware.

SentinelDranoel
11.20.2012 , 03:44 PM | #30
As a sub player I put up a lot of stuff onthe GTN from the packs because I don't need most of it. I just want the throne. I have put every single speeder on the GTN that I have gotten and will get. Why? I have the CE speeder. I do not like pets in a sci-fi game. So the only things I actually use are the weapons.

I like this set-up. With all the gift items, I can max out companion affection easier. Experience boosts are a help, and I can sell stuff I do not want. Once the item pool evens out, I will sell some stuff again. So for some people, you do not even need to spend Cartel points on some items because I will be selling my extras.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.