Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Charging Subscribers for Content

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Charging Subscribers for Content

jgoldsack
11.20.2012 , 09:41 AM | #21
nevermind not worth it.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

saremun
11.20.2012 , 09:42 AM | #22
Oh my god, never seen a company so eager to shot her self in the leg as BW, keep it going BW and everyone of you will end up searching for new job really....

just perfect..

sumuji
11.20.2012 , 09:42 AM | #23
You're digging into it a little bit much don't you think? You're over here getting mad because you're dreaming up BW charging extra for actual real in-game content in the future.

For starters a new race woold not be content as if the rest of the people in the thread wern't clear enough that you're standing alone raising that flag. That would be in the realm of fluff just like all of the other meaningless visual candy you get off the cartel market. Not including the fact even if you did consider it content, like was stated in the quote you get free cartel coins for subbing and that can be used to unlock with having to pay a cent extra. You wanting to blow through all of your free currency now on bags would be another matter.

TekAlcon
11.20.2012 , 09:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
LOOK UP THE DEFINATION OF CONTENT instead of making up your own...
this looks more like a useless complaining thread where the maker(as usual) is just flipping out like a 6 year old at every other opinion
You cant spell slaughter without laughter
50 Sith Juggernaut Savag
50 Commando Texos
50 Sorcerer Grimorus

TUXs
11.20.2012 , 09:42 AM | #25
The ball toss thing is TOTALLY a content item, and yes, I am completely serious! Best item on the market by far!!!

So, imo, they've already blurred the lines. /shrug
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

thekidpow
11.20.2012 , 09:42 AM | #26
LOOK UP THE DEFINATION OF CONTENT instead of making up your own...
The strict definition of content doesn't port over seamlessly to the MMO world. By the definition you're speaking of, we shouldn't also have to pay for Crime Lord packs or anything that is technically included in the game.

TUXs
11.20.2012 , 09:45 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TekAlcon View Post
this looks more like a useless complaining thread where the maker(as usual) is just flipping out like a 6 year old
That's just rude. Implying people are childish because they have a complaint, is just stupid. Address the topic or don't, no need to be rude.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Monoth
11.20.2012 , 09:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
It's not content from a gaming standpoint. It's a different character skin to run the same content that's already there. However, the dev said "most likely" so perhaps people could see how this plays out before letting it ruin their entire life.
Gaming Standpoint ?!? ROFL, please show me the dictionary for "Gaming Standpoints" so I can learn the proper definition of words...

People are willing to categorize stuff as "Fluff" to make themselves feel better about buying something they know should be part of the game.... Meanwhile Bioware / EA execs are going "SUCKERS"
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

TUXs
11.20.2012 , 09:46 AM | #29
Gaming Standpoint ?!? ROFL, please show me the dictionary for "Gaming Standpoints" so I can learn the proper definition of words...

People are willing to categorize stuff as "Fluff" to make themselves feel better about buying something they know should be part of the game.... Meanwhile Bioware / EA execs are going "SUCKERS"
I would argue that a new skin is purely 'cosmetic'. While it may be 'content' for people like RPers, to me, it's no different than a set of armor.

cycao
11.20.2012 , 09:48 AM | #30
Well unless I missed something all subscribers received a certain amount of cartel coins based on subscription time and will continue to receive cartel coins for each month they are subscribed. Sounds like this is working as intended.