Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Charging Subscribers for Content

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Charging Subscribers for Content

TUXs
11.21.2012 , 01:08 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by WookieIsshe View Post
Evidentally nothing is gonna convince you people of anything other then what you decided so what was the point of this thread. You have two options: Save up your free CC's from your sub and get the race (once again it is free to subscribers because you get coins per month free) or you can just rage quit.
To discuss it. That's the point. You don't need to reply, but there is certainly a 'point' to this thread...discussion.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Urael
11.21.2012 , 01:09 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You are applying "definitions of convenience" to support your bias, IMO.

Everything is content, except the vaccumm of space (and even that is still being debated by physicists actually). Even the forum is content in the context of SWTOR, and its all owned by EA. So in the end, it is their definition that counts, not yours.

P.S: EA decides what they give you for free, and what they ask you to pay for. You only get to decide if you use what is free, and pay to use what is not.
That's not what I mean at all and you know it. I am surprised at you honestly.

How about for this to be a truely hybrid model, they give the option to do buisness as usual for those that are comfortable with that method. Sub + expansions as an option. Those that like freeium tiers can have those and those that like the old method can have that and everyone can be happy. I don't want to be bothered with keeping up with what is in the dang store. I don't want to get nickeled and dimed on top of my loyal dependable revenue in the form of my subscription. They can "count on my cash" each month. I am one of those that stays subbed even if things are bugged in the hopes that they get fixed. There are no breaks in my payment history. When I stop paying I stop for good. I hope they are listening. I want to give them my money but, I don't want to have to freaking manage their service as if it was work. I don't want to "work" to play their game. That's what this is about for me. I just want to pay my money and not worry about it. Give me that option. Give me an option to pay for a years subscription up front with no more worries about getting nickeled and dimed to death heck make it pay 5 years up front. I would rather pay money than worry about CCs and Stores.

FourTwent
11.21.2012 , 05:34 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by thekidpow View Post
LMAO race isn't content.
race is new content nub

BJWyler
11.28.2012 , 10:20 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
A little math shows that the pittance you get each month won't cover the cost of buying all the stuff in the Cartel Shop....
All at once, right away, you are correct. It will not. Over time, however, it will. Monthly stipend is still monthly and it means I will be able to buy every thing in the store now and will be added to the future without ever opening my wallet - only difference is when I will be able to buy it. Nothing I have ever seen stated that subscribers are entitled to get everything as soon as it is created, otherwise I would already have every piece of gear, item, and fluff in the game right now just by logging in, so this whole argument over what constitutes content is completely moot because in the end, subscribers will be getting it all for free over time.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

kirorx
11.28.2012 , 10:25 AM | #225
Why is this all a surprise ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE

Nothing unexpected here.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU