Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who did you pick for you're XO?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Who did you pick for you're XO?

Leyv
12.04.2012 , 04:52 AM | #21
Leveled two troopers and it doesnt matter one tiny bit which one you pick (although i noticed the first time that if you pick Elara the game doesnt register her new rank in conversations )

First time I chose Elara and Aric was pissed..

this time I chose Aric and nothing special happened..he's the right detective lassie for the job

bleidlein
12.04.2012 , 09:53 AM | #22
I don't think i like aric. He was rude the first time i met him and on 2 occasions he went -1 on a descision i made including not to kill a guy. He wanted me to murder someone and is just rude. He will not be my choice and if it upsets him then tough crud. There was a reason he got demoted in the first place.

Belly
12.04.2012 , 10:21 AM | #23
Aric seems like the more fair choice.

Spoiler
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Sofiero
12.05.2012 , 06:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by bleidlein View Post
I don't think i like aric. He was rude the first time i met him and on 2 occasions he went -1 on a descision i made including not to kill a guy. He wanted me to murder someone and is just rude. He will not be my choice and if it upsets him then tough crud. There was a reason he got demoted in the first place.
He wasnt rude, just being tough. Just to sort out the weak out from the Republicīs elite squad and make you to better soldier. I guess you never done military service in your country or watched any war movie where military traning is involved?

I laugh a little when Aric threw funny insults to me at beginning.

I took Aric for XO.

bleidlein
12.06.2012 , 08:22 AM | #25
He was still butt hurt when i didn't murder someone.

SkybladeDarkstar
12.06.2012 , 02:44 PM | #26
Aric is not a good choice. Go back and start a new trooper. See how far into the mission on Ord Mantell you get before you decide that this guy should never be put into a position of power again.

Elara makes an excellent XO. She's professional and well disciplined, and good with regulations and paperwork. She makes a phenomenal foil for the Trooper, handling the sorts of things you shouldn't need to.

Aric, while a good soldier, is not a good leader, and shouldn't be put in a command position again.

Sharping
12.07.2012 , 02:17 PM | #27
I picked Aric but I always keep him on the ship. I have Dorne with me everywhere.

Shinybum
12.07.2012 , 04:45 PM | #28
After some thought I ended up going with Dorne, for the following reasons:

1. The XO handles the paperwork. What are the odds that Jorgan's going to sit down and complete all five copies of form 51-849920/A-2 after a mission to explain why it was absolutely essential for me to hotwire a speeder and crash it into a cantina, whirling a bunch of satchel charges over my head like a set of bolas while singing all nineteen verses of "The Emperor's Staff Has a Knob on the End"?

1a. Jorgan might actually think that was a good plan.

2. Ditto requisitions. Do I really need to be halfway through a mission and discover that we're out of grenades because Jorgan lost his temper with the supply officers?

3. An entire unit (bar the FNG) defected right under his nose. This says many things to me, but "On the ball" really isn't one of them. I might have covered for him with the Senate, but I personally think that given the amount of planning that defection must have taken, he should have at least had a clue.

4. It's never particularly good form to have a relationship with someone under your command, but it's a lot less dodgy to boff another officer than an NCO. Promoting Dorne saves me from a Fraternisation charge.

Tha_Moe
12.08.2012 , 04:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinybum View Post
After some thought I ended up going with Dorne, for the following reasons:

1. The XO handles the paperwork. What are the odds that Jorgan's going to sit down and complete all five copies of form 51-849920/A-2 after a mission to explain why it was absolutely essential for me to hotwire a speeder and crash it into a cantina, whirling a bunch of satchel charges over my head like a set of bolas while singing all nineteen verses of "The Emperor's Staff Has a Knob on the End"?

1a. Jorgan might actually think that was a good plan.

2. Ditto requisitions. Do I really need to be halfway through a mission and discover that we're out of grenades because Jorgan lost his temper with the supply officers?

3. An entire unit (bar the FNG) defected right under his nose. This says many things to me, but "On the ball" really isn't one of them. I might have covered for him with the Senate, but I personally think that given the amount of planning that defection must have taken, he should have at least had a clue.

4. It's never particularly good form to have a relationship with someone under your command, but it's a lot less dodgy to boff another officer than an NCO. Promoting Dorne saves me from a Fraternisation charge.
smart man, I picked Dorne mostly because im a EMPIRE main. And her empire ways are what im looking for as a Dark TROOPER. Even with that being said i think i would have picked her anyway. How could Havoc sqaud done all that, plans and details and aric didnt notice anything? With the fact that he treated me like crap to begin with. I dont need an dumb XO.

<Men do what they want, Boys do what they can>.

A_nonymous
12.11.2012 , 11:07 AM | #30
Honestly, I'm like the only guy in the game who had no problems with Jorgan. I had no problems with him on Ord Mantell. The guy is a gruff CO. I'm a gung ho trooper. I picked Dorne though just because I felt her by the books approach was a better way to go. Also, I felt she had distinguished herself in the field. Dorne is a good healer. I felt Aric was a pretty squishy DPS guy.
Gunwalker Legacy FTW.