Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High Impact Bolt Animation is Very Disappointing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
High Impact Bolt Animation is Very Disappointing

Budokan
11.20.2012 , 12:14 AM | #1
Having played a Bounty Hunter and Trooper, I find the Trooper's High Impact Bolt animation and sound effect to be very disappointing and underwhelming. It is supposed to be a very "powerful" shot, but looks and sounds just like "splat".

Whereas the Bounty Hunter's Rail Shot just looks and sounds very powerful, the shot even leaves behind a trail of smoke after you've fired it, and sound effect is like it can pierce armor.

I strongly suggest changing the animation and sound effect of High Impact Bolt to that of Rail Shot. Who's with me?

Helig
11.20.2012 , 01:18 AM | #2
I agree. I think HiB needs a stronger concussion effect - both visually and audibly.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Daecarus
11.20.2012 , 11:10 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I agree. I think HiB needs a stronger concussion effect - both visually and audibly.
Yeah, right now it sounds like a super soaker with silly string when it hits.

Altheran
11.20.2012 , 12:20 PM | #4
I'm fine with it.

BlznSmri
11.20.2012 , 12:38 PM | #5
It doesn't have a "bang" animation because it's magnetically shot...
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

LilTsar
11.20.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
definitely dorky. works for me though since the cheesiness of the assault cannons are the main reason i rolled a commando
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

dejavy
11.20.2012 , 10:18 PM | #7
High impact sounds like child's fart tbh. Sorry but it's awful.

Lyability
11.21.2012 , 04:26 AM | #8
Pretty much 90% of the trooper animations are horrible.

Rhinzual
11.21.2012 , 07:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyability View Post
Pretty much 90% of the trooper animations are horrible.
Tracer Missile used to use Fusion Missile animation and vice-versa, so people spamming Tracer Missile were basically spamming the Butt-Missile. Heck, someone even edited a clip of Episode 2 to give us this gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd3EeqfJdVs

I finally logged on my commando just earlier to test him out after a long absence and I do agree, HIB is very underwhelming, like most of the animations. You guys get Stockstrike as the Republic version of Rocket Punch, right? Yeah, even your out-of-battle-healing animation looks like garbage. It makes sense, but still boring. I might play my Trooper more of the animations didn't bore me to tears, and I normally don't even consider animations as something to consider, but this is a Star Wars game, I'm not used to being bored.

_biddan_
11.22.2012 , 10:35 AM | #10
i love the "splat" <3
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50