Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healer Stats...

Bobiefatt
11.28.2012 , 06:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jebu_Boin View Post
I will keep my advice short and simple...

Stack power

People read too much into crit. The bonus healing is what matters and if the "**** hits the fan" then pop recklesness, your adrenal and relics to survive the phase. Then from here on in, in nearly 90% of the time your higher bonus healing will make life simple for the tanks and anyone else caught in your puddle.

People probably wont agree with me though and tell you to stack willpower... I just disagree and my LInear Solver spreadsheet tells me that this is the best way to maximise heals per second. You wont overheal as long as you know what you are doing and start your heals at the right time.
Exactly what i did, stack Power.
Have had fights where i reach more then 2k effective healing. and stil 40% crit.
My selfheal reaching 8500 and normal larger heals critting 8k.
Innervate doing (around ) 2350 (crit) a tick.

resurgence gives the crit i need on a small heal, resurgence makes your innervate crit.
I've been getting the BH striker boots all the time untill i was fully power in all slots.
Do that which you fear most, and you will find
the courage which you seek

Jebu_Boin
12.05.2012 , 04:45 AM | #12
At last someone who speaks sense

Way back in May I had relatively poor gear compared to what I have now and was first venturing into the world of operations. This is when my guild still existed and we did Bonecrusher on normal mode. Pretty sure the HPS still sits top of the records on Ask Mr Robot at about 2400hps and that was with all out power stacked mods from columi, let alone the black hole stalker ones and all the fancy new augmentations, focus and earpieces that have come out since then.

Without a shadow of a doubt, if people got injured enough then my heal output is significantly higher than that now. The trouble is, everyone has better gear and doesnt take damage anymore Would be worth trying though, I bet you could push 3500, perhaps even 4000 hps if you specifically asked your group to be bad and get hurt a lot

There are forums out there that show that pure power does give the best HPS return, they just argue that you are better being more rounded and versatile with the other stats. I just feel that with the high surge and a relativley low critical then when the time comes to pop relics, stims and recklessness then my crit chance is more than high enough to just about guarantee a few crits which gets you out of the required phase and back into maintanance.
(█████████████||||||||||()||||||||||█████████████)
..........Jebu - Leader of The Power Empire - TPE..........

campbellsoup
12.06.2012 , 10:24 AM | #13
As far as stacking power goes, I have to disagree although I did agree for a long time. When figuring out how I would like to itemize for level 63 mods, I originally was using the overkill augments and stacking as much power as possible. I found a build that with buffs and stims would give me 831.1 bonus damage and 35.61% crit chance. However, to experiment I switched to resolve augments and moved around some mods which resulted in me getting 833.1 bonus healing and 35.74% crit chance. On a dps meter the difference was even larger with a +5.6 bonus damage.

One could argue that this difference is negligible, but in my opinion it proves that although slight, stacking willpower is better.

Another note is that my alacrity might be a little low, but for the sake of force management I prefer it a little under 10%, and would only affect surge unless i augmented for alacrity.

The two builds are posted below
Power Stacking: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...e-07364dbec608
Will Power Stacking: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-238c5355640c

Skazonos
12.07.2012 , 04:14 AM | #14
Stack power? Stack willpower? In my opinion neither. Choose your crit and alacrity cap and stack power and surge after that. Simply balance your gear in a way which suits you best.

My stat preferences are 40 % crit and 6 % alacrity.

My surge goes 78.75 and bonus heal is on 818.

Those 2 previous builds were very good but I think that you will be more efficient with 4.5 % crit and 3.5 % surge than with 3.2 % alacrity and 15 bonus heal

With this build you are like a healing catapult (offten and powerful crits)

This is my current gear build (click on wish list)
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...a-72c2d9238f0c

SgtKlavier
12.07.2012 , 08:25 AM | #15
Quote:
Stack power? Stack willpower? In my opinion neither. Choose your crit and alacrity cap and stack power and surge after that. Simply balance your gear in a way which suits you best.

My stat preferences are 40 % crit and 6 % alacrity.
You can't just consider a crit cap by itself as crit chance is affected independently by contributions from two stats. A preference can be made like your 40%, but how much of that is coming from will power and how much is coming from crit rating matter. As a result, will power is the best thing to stack if you are able to balance your crit rating appropriately.

mlcslc
12.21.2012 , 08:29 PM | #16
What are the break points for alacrity to get an extra tick of Innervate? Wouldn't that be the alacrity cap?

SgtKlavier
12.21.2012 , 10:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by mlcslc View Post
What are the break points for alacrity to get an extra tick of Innervate? Wouldn't that be the alacrity cap?
Alacrity has nothing to do with the number of ticks in innervate. You'll still get the same amount, but they will go off faster with more alacrity. The "hard cap" of alacrity from rating is 30%, and I put that in quotes because you need an infinite amount of rating to get there.