Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cunning or Aim?

LifeScourge
11.20.2012 , 12:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
To be fair, you got two perfectly valid responses before you started questioning the people you were asking for help. Nothing more annoying than someone who asks a question and doesn't accept the answer, IMO
Yeah, I probably was out of line there. Sorry to who ever I chewed out on. I just get kinda tired of asking questions that I honestly don't know the answer to, then someone treats me like an idiot for it. Not a warm, fuzzy feeling...
If you can't be a good example, BE A HORRIBLE EXCUSE!!!

"The only law in this galaxy is what a man makes for himself"
BH Powertech lvl 50

RendValor
11.20.2012 , 05:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LifeScourge View Post
Yeah, I probably was out of line there. Sorry to who ever I chewed out on. I just get kinda tired of asking questions that I honestly don't know the answer to, then someone treats me like an idiot for it. Not a warm, fuzzy feeling...
It's ok, you're lucky we're patient and tolerant when dealing with idiots around here
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Pubsam
11.22.2012 , 10:55 AM | #13
Honestly this is more of a question for general chat on Dromund Kaas. Sure, they'll make fun of you, but at least then there's no permanent record...

I kid, I kid!
Time for a nap.

LifeScourge
11.26.2012 , 09:12 AM | #14
LOL. Yeah I just never really got into stats before, just stuck with the story line and just stayed away from pvp, but now am starting to get bored. So I thought I should just start beefing my PT up to be competitive.

Thanks all for the info and the patience
If you can't be a good example, BE A HORRIBLE EXCUSE!!!

"The only law in this galaxy is what a man makes for himself"
BH Powertech lvl 50

Sippix
11.26.2012 , 03:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
Lol sassy pants. best comeback ever. Love it. Hey guys should I stack alacrity and willpower on my Marauder? Nah im just kiddin...
You should stack Presence so your Unnatural Might hits harder.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

Slaybred
11.29.2012 , 04:54 PM | #16
Im sorry. No offence but i just had to.
https://imageshack.us/a/img26/2015/previewln.jpg

Griad
11.30.2012 , 01:59 AM | #17
Lol some pretty funny responses here, but yes here is a quick run down

Agent/smuggler = Cunning
BH/Trooper = Aim
Inquisitor/sage = Willpower
Warrior/knight = strength

Secondary stats depends on what you are doing, tanking/dps

Presence is nice for leveling with companions.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

CJNJ
11.30.2012 , 03:34 AM | #18
Just thought I may chime in, but due to the fact that there is a DR on the crit from mainstat, it can actually be beneficial to stack some cunning over aim(especially since HiB and HS are your only 2 range attacks, I think). I'm no math wiz but there are some snipers that are in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=557158&page=4

Around page 4 is where the conversation begins, last post of page 4 has some math too
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

Sippix
11.30.2012 , 02:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Just thought I may chime in, but due to the fact that there is a DR on the crit from mainstat, it can actually be beneficial to stack some cunning over aim(especially since HiB and HS are your only 2 range attacks, I think). I'm no math wiz but there are some snipers that are in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=557158&page=4

Around page 4 is where the conversation begins, last post of page 4 has some math too
No, dude...Cunning only adds to Tech Bonus Damage and Tech Critical Rating for a BH/Trooper. Rail Shot/High Impact Bolt is a "white attack", meaning the roll is generated from the Ranged attack table. Ranged attacks are NOT the same as Tech attacks and do not share roll tables.

To recap:
"White attacks" are Ranged attacks = Rail Shot, Rapid Shots, Unload

"Yellow attacks" are Tech attacks = Flame Burst, Explosive Dart, Flame Thrower, Flame Sweep, Thermal Detonator, Incendiary Missile, Immolate, Heat Blast, Retractable Blade, and all Internal/Elemental DOT's.

Also, you should never be stacking Primary stats over Secondary stats for DPS PT. Yes, for PVE, you pick up Steely Resolve, but that is only because it passively increases Ranged/Tech Bonus Damage and Critical Rating (where burst from TD is not as useful).

In addition to the aforementioned, any DPS PT running outside of an RS build (Either AP or Pyro) is wasting their character slot. Therefor, you want to use only Aim as your Primary stat for the increase to Ranged stats.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

chuixupu
11.30.2012 , 02:24 PM | #20
The only cunning you should stack is through datacrons. Don't ever use a non-main stat in place of your main stat.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant