Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Shadowlands: *New* Ops Progression Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Shadowlands
The Shadowlands: *New* Ops Progression Thread

Krazy_Karl
12.04.2012 , 03:11 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AzazaelLoki View Post
Easy there KK, it was sarcasm. Unless you were acknowledging the fact that you indeed have it easy, in which case carry on
We do have it easy... our DPS is pretty ridiculous without a Sentinel, and when you add one it's faceroll. We just need more good tanks (that aren't Guardians because you can't do a NiM clear with a Guardian tank). Ironic since you basically need Sentinels, but can't go anywhere with a Guardian. Bioware sucks at balancing.

Regards,
KK
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

AzazaelLoki
12.04.2012 , 03:19 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
We do have it easy... our DPS is pretty ridiculous without a Sentinel, and when you add one it's faceroll. We just need more good tanks (that aren't Guardians because you can't do a NiM clear with a Guardian tank). Ironic since you basically need Sentinels, but can't go anywhere with a Guardian. Bioware sucks at balancing.

Regards,
KK
I actually had no clue, I thought they fixed the class balance things awhile ago. I normal setup is Powertech/Jugg 2xSorc (heals) Mara/Sniper/Merc/Sorc. it never failed us in the past, though our Sorc hates sorc since it got nerfed so hard.
Aza'zael - 55 PT Tank | Kantjil - 55 Op Heals

Krazy_Karl
12.04.2012 , 03:35 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by AzazaelLoki View Post
I actually had no clue, I thought they fixed the class balance things awhile ago. I normal setup is Powertech/Jugg 2xSorc (heals) Mara/Sniper/Merc/Sorc. it never failed us in the past, though our Sorc hates sorc since it got nerfed so hard.
NiM EC is a whole different animal. Group composition has become a primary determining factor in addition to skill. You will not be defeating Kephess on NiM anytime soon with a Guardian tank (without some creative strategy that we have yet to come up with).

Regards,
KK

Nibbon
12.04.2012 , 04:08 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazy_Karl View Post
NiM EC is a whole different animal. Group composition has become a primary determining factor in addition to skill. You will not be defeating Kephess on NiM anytime soon with a Guardian tank (without some creative strategy that we have yet to come up with).

Regards,
KK
Isn't it a Shadow tank you specifically need to kill Kephess NiM? I think 2 Guardians is possible - we actually did come close on our one full night of kephess attempts.

Krazy_Karl
12.04.2012 , 04:26 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Isn't it a Shadow tank you specifically need to kill Kephess NiM? I think 2 Guardians is possible - we actually did come close on our one full night of kephess attempts.
If you manage to do it with Guardian tanks, I really want to see the video of it. And yes, a Shadow tank is basically required... although we have tossed around some ideas on how to do it with two Vanguards.

Ideally you will have 2 Shadows, or Shadow/Vanguard for Kephess. Resilience FTW.

Regards,
KK

Typeslice
12.04.2012 , 07:19 PM | #56
Can we distinguish the amount of stacks on the Dreadtooth kills? 1 and 2 stacks seem almost not worth counting.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

Xiij
12.05.2012 , 07:03 PM | #57
Light of the Phoenix

TFB HM 8-man 12/03/12
Operator XI (and apparently The Dread Guards, didn't realize I hadn't posted that previously)
Lockout Window
Codex Entry For Operator XI
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiij View Post
[W]e really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

NoxIrradiata
12.05.2012 , 08:30 PM | #58
Updated Light Of The Phoenix. Grats!
The Harbinger
Thalyssa: Sith Marauder Rha Vhanna: Operative

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion...

AzazaelLoki
12.05.2012 , 09:52 PM | #59
Riding the wave helped a bunch, thanks.
NiM - Tanks dead - Volition
http://i.imgur.com/fDQ1p.jpg

Vorgy dead. Awesome bug( or a mechanic we don't know about) where one square was red on my trip to the group.
http://i.imgur.com/m715E.jpg
Aza'zael - 55 PT Tank | Kantjil - 55 Op Heals

Niorlan
12.05.2012 , 10:56 PM | #60
<The Revenant> (Empire) Downed CV in NiM EC (8man) on Wednesday, Dec. 5th:

http://i46.tinypic.com/20h0k1c.jpg
Arli (Operative) / Naloc (Powertech) / Lowri (Marauder) / Xerity (Shadow)

Formerly of The Razor