Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut DPS, Should I?

sgtshortsy
11.19.2012 , 03:33 PM | #1
Hello, I understand Guardian and Juggernaut DPS is viable and challenging, but should I bother? I know that some may not take me seriously but really don't care. But I DO care about is would I get selected often in Ops and Flashpoints with this selected?
I honestly cannot stand Mara's, yes they're easy but I don't want cake-walks or OP classes, I want something that I can work hard on but still pull great dps. Should I?

Zaxem
11.19.2012 , 05:12 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by sgtshortsy View Post
Hello, I understand Guardian and Juggernaut DPS is viable and challenging, but should I bother? I know that some may not take me seriously but really don't care. But I DO care about is would I get selected often in Ops and Flashpoints with this selected?
I honestly cannot stand Mara's, yes they're easy but I don't want cake-walks or OP classes, I want something that I can work hard on but still pull great dps. Should I?
the only people that won't take you are probably eltiest jerks guild that only want the highest dps classes or people that have their mind set saying jugg is bad dps when it is pretty decent. I feel ya on the maraurader thing though i lvled a mara up to 50 waiting for server xfers when my server died missed my jugg when xfers came and went back to my jugg. Honestly just play what you enjoy more that's why i play a jugg over my mara as my main for dps more of my playstyle.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

sgtshortsy
11.19.2012 , 07:33 PM | #3
Thanks man, you just motivated me to start a Jugg. Have a good one.

Prabhunath
11.20.2012 , 03:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
the only people that won't take you are probably eltiest jerks guild that only want the highest dps classes or people that have their mind set saying jugg is bad dps when it is pretty decent. I feel ya on the maraurader thing though i lvled a mara up to 50 waiting for server xfers when my server died missed my jugg when xfers came and went back to my jugg. Honestly just play what you enjoy more that's why i play a jugg over my mara as my main for dps more of my playstyle.
I totally agree with this. For some reason, I just find it more fun to play a juggernaut than I do on my other classes.

I too have leveled both a marauder and a juggernaut, and while I do agree that marauders are the class to go if you are looking for insane damage, there is a certain attractiveness to the play-style of the juggernaut that the marauder just doesn't offer.

I strongly recommend that you to at least try the class out. Not for the DPS, but for the fun and satisfaction.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

BlownSi
11.20.2012 , 10:00 AM | #5
I agree with the others here; try both for a little bit.

I went Jugg for two reasons.

1. I wanted a bad *** tank...lol

2. I liked the animations much better on the Jugg.

Yes, I built my Jugg to tank, but that does not mean I do not DPS with him. Jugg DPS can be pretty damn sick with the right gearing and rotation focus. In full un-augmented Rakata gear I was easily able to keep up in MOX with a similar geared Mara and a BH/Rakata geared Merc in a quick HM EV blitz. Jugg DPS is VERY viable, and the only reason that someone should tell you no to a raid is if they already have too much melee. If someone tells you no because you are a Jugg, they are stupid.

errant_knight
11.20.2012 , 10:49 AM | #6
Dps Juggernaut is just so damn fun!

BlazingShadow
11.20.2012 , 10:51 AM | #7
DPS jugs can put out good numbers, don't underestimate them

Elyxin
11.20.2012 , 09:34 PM | #8
Jugg is my favorite bar none. it was my first toon in early launch, and to date I've leveled 3. it just don't get boring

I like the single saber. they're blows feel very powerful and visceral (far more then the guardian). especially if you run Vengeance. a sunder - impale - shattering blow - scream still makes me chuckle...feels like your pounding the opponent into the dirt and howling in sheer rage at them.

Zaxem
11.20.2012 , 09:53 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyxin View Post
Jugg is my favorite bar none. it was my first toon in early launch, and to date I've leveled 3. it just don't get boring

I like the single saber. they're blows feel very powerful and visceral (far more then the guardian). especially if you run Vengeance. a sunder - impale - shattering blow - scream still makes me chuckle...feels like your pounding the opponent into the dirt and howling in sheer rage at them.
i've lvl ed 4 doing my 5th right now since with the cartel shop i was able to buy rattataki was just 2 cheap to buy it with credits even tho i could afford it. I have to say though i'm enjoying the rattataki one the most right mostly because looks so ****** and reminds me of Quan Chi from mortal kombat. only lvled so many cause of rerolls cause server died b4 xfers and i want a male and female 1 so i can switch to whatever one i want as my main with legacy gear just need to keep their none modable gear updated. and i watched the story everytime just a fun class to play period for me.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

majorBlasphemy
11.20.2012 , 10:10 PM | #10
Oh yeah?? Well this is my 11th juggernaut at 50 suck on that boiz!!