Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchase mistake

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

The-Pook
11.20.2012 , 11:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
Totally agree with you there. I'm guessing there are a lot of tickets from other paying players like us though. THe Cartel Market has a lot of issues, many imagined, many real.
I've taked to a few paying customers in game that have the same issue too. They have gotten the same brush off as if they don't matter. Why are paying customers not important here?
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

Vulcanise
11.21.2012 , 02:14 AM | #22
On my server there seems to be upwards of 30 of these for sale on the GTN so it does seem that a lot of players have bought them in error. Mind you seeing that non subbed players have a 340k credit cap, and they are the only ones that this is of use to, some of the prices for the item on the GTN upwards of 1 mil are a bit stupid and optimistic really.

I haven't yet put in a ticket online as I know that they are unundated right now, but something needs to be done about items you can buy that have no use to you as you subscriber except to sell on the GTN to non-subscribers.

KidPunkStar
11.21.2012 , 02:41 AM | #23
This exact same thing happened to me!

Mine is a little more advanced though...

If you open your inventory or bank, to purchase a new Inventory Row or Bank Tab, you can see that you have the option to buy with Credits or Cartel Coins. I was curious about the pricing, so I clicked it. I saw the pricing, made a mistake, because my mouse bugged out, and it purchased a 3rd bank tab... NO POP-UP, NO WARNING, NO CONFIRMATION, NOTHING! So, I opened up a ticket, asking for them to take the tab away, I won't ever use it, and to refund my Cartel Coins... They 'forwarded this issue to the Dev Team' meaning they deleted the ticket, which if it actually goes to the dev team, I'm fine with that, the issue needs to be handled.... However, NOTHING was resolved of what my issue was, so I opened another ticket and posted on the forums, BOTH responded saying once you accept the item from the Cartel Shop into your Inventory we cannot give you a refund... THEY DIDN'T EVEN READ THE FREAKING TICKET!!!!

The company is just givng a BIG F-U to the people PAYING THEM MONEY, and I'm sorry, that crap DOES NOT fly with me, I immediately cancelled my sub, I'm not going to pay a company money where they don't give two craps about the people giving them money, they can suck it!

It was a legitimate mistake on my part, bad coding on their part, and I don't even get 20seconds of a real life person to read my ticket, I just get a F-U response, so here's my F-U response back... If they DON'T start compensation to their customers, they're going to have a HUGE Civil Lawsuit on their hands, I can guarantee it!!

The-Pook
11.21.2012 , 09:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KidPunkStar View Post
This exact same thing happened to me!

Mine is a little more advanced though...

If you open your inventory or bank, to purchase a new Inventory Row or Bank Tab, you can see that you have the option to buy with Credits or Cartel Coins. I was curious about the pricing, so I clicked it. I saw the pricing, made a mistake, because my mouse bugged out, and it purchased a 3rd bank tab... NO POP-UP, NO WARNING, NO CONFIRMATION, NOTHING! So, I opened up a ticket, asking for them to take the tab away, I won't ever use it, and to refund my Cartel Coins... They 'forwarded this issue to the Dev Team' meaning they deleted the ticket, which if it actually goes to the dev team, I'm fine with that, the issue needs to be handled.... However, NOTHING was resolved of what my issue was, so I opened another ticket and posted on the forums, BOTH responded saying once you accept the item from the Cartel Shop into your Inventory we cannot give you a refund... THEY DIDN'T EVEN READ THE FREAKING TICKET!!!!

The company is just givng a BIG F-U to the people PAYING THEM MONEY, and I'm sorry, that crap DOES NOT fly with me, I immediately cancelled my sub, I'm not going to pay a company money where they don't give two craps about the people giving them money, they can suck it!

It was a legitimate mistake on my part, bad coding on their part, and I don't even get 20seconds of a real life person to read my ticket, I just get a F-U response, so here's my F-U response back... If they DON'T start compensation to their customers, they're going to have a HUGE Civil Lawsuit on their hands, I can guarantee it!!
This is exactly my point, it was too dang easy to screw up with this. I don't understand why they are penalizing their paying customers. Why the brush off ? What happened to rewarding loyalty and taking care of those that are paying for this game?
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

The-Pook
11.21.2012 , 05:29 PM | #25
So is any real customer support going to address this issue or will this be another blow off to paying customers?
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

Evgen
11.21.2012 , 06:04 PM | #26
I don't expect they will hold to their position on this, I don't even know if it's legal, but it took me 5 days to get a response to my ticket, I don't think they differentiate between subscribers and F2P for support, so I'm sure they have a huge backlog.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Rhamnus
11.21.2012 , 06:20 PM | #27
So... after months of not playing I recently re-subscribed. I wanted to play the game with a friend of mine who also re-subscribed. When logging in at his place I made a mistake on my security question. Now I can't login without first calling the toll-free number. Well I have waited on hold for over 3 hours over the span of days! No one is responding. No human response. No email response. No ticket response. Nothing after 3 days. I can't play at my friend's place and neither of us want to play otherwise. Yet no response from SWTOR and they still have my money!!!

Absolutely the worst customer service of all time, and my first and only gripe about an online game ever. At this point they are actually just stealing my money.

The-Pook
11.21.2012 , 06:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I don't expect they will hold to their position on this, I don't even know if it's legal, but it took me 5 days to get a response to my ticket, I don't think they differentiate between subscribers and F2P for support, so I'm sure they have a huge backlog.
I am hoping this is true and they will wake up and take care of their loyal paying customers.
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

The-Pook
11.22.2012 , 09:28 AM | #29
How about a customer service supervisor respond to this issue? I would like to hear from someone higher up in the chain here!
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

Tmanarl
11.22.2012 , 09:34 AM | #30
They gave you a response. You didn't like it. Accept it and move along.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Maris: 55 Imperial Operative | Cinnagar: 55 Sith Sorcerer | Shiian: 55 Sith Juggernaut
Sevri: 55 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Rolorra: 55 Sith Marauder | Calvaria: 23 Sith Assassin