Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Purchase mistake

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

omg_you
11.20.2012 , 02:14 PM | #11
Yo
Yeah, I did the exact same thing on my character. Looks like they won't give a refund, it's really stupid but yeah...

The-Pook
11.20.2012 , 02:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by omg_you View Post
Yo
Yeah, I did the exact same thing on my character. Looks like they won't give a refund, it's really stupid but yeah...
I can see how you did the same thing I did, it's so easy to do and how many of us just click through the many windows without reading them too much. Heck it wasn't clear at all that the new area was included with subscription at all unless you really look at the full description.

Come customer support just do the right thing and refund people their coins, it really won't hurt you...it will actually show customers that you care!
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

11.20.2012 , 02:41 PM | #13
There should absolutely been some way of knowing what you already have unlocked on the Market. At least a warning message saying your character cannot use a certain item, or doesn't need to use it.

Very poor show old chaps!

At least it's tradeable.. too bad the players who need it are capped at 350k or something so you won't get much for it. Can always email it to a friend or trade it for another item I guess, maybe a Mask of Nihilus or something?

Vulcanise
11.20.2012 , 03:01 PM | #14
I did exactly the same thing on my character, only after I had purchased did I see that it hadn't been necessary (this was on clicking the item and receiving the "you already have this" message) it was a pure mistake and if the game was coded properly it should not have even been possible to purchase something you have no use for. This has happened before for me when I purchased speeder at lvl 10 which I thought was over all chars but actually wasn't and my lvl 50 was way past it. Mind you in this case I did get a refund of the credits...

What is so different now with Cartel coins and WHEN are Bioware going to fix the problem of being able to buy stuff that's of no godly use??

CainDarkstar
11.20.2012 , 03:25 PM | #15
They need to get there **** together and make it so if your a sub or if have rights too something ti doesn't show it.

Most if not all big games and eve basic games do that..why can yours?

dipstik
11.20.2012 , 03:36 PM | #16
The Bioware Bandidtos strike again,

you just got robbed...

hope that isnt libel orslander or whatever,.

savadious
11.20.2012 , 06:37 PM | #17
I called Customer service for a legitimate problem. My account would not accept my paypal to renew my subscription after being idle a few months.

That was 1 week before F2P launch. I was on hold less than 5 minutes.

The day of F2P launch I called again to reactivate my kids account and it was a 1 hour hold.

This week - the holds were reported at 2-3 hours.

That is for people who did not make a mistake and simply just need to get into the game. With so many non-user generated issues we can understand why they can not entertain a user-error.

It is sad, but they are currently overloaded. And if they made this ONE exception. You can expect word to spread like wildfire and the telephone cue would be astronomical.

You can play the game and made an honest mistake.

Those same CSR reps are trying to get some people into the game who can not even pay for a subscription due to errors beyond their control..

Its simple...

Please use GTN to offload any erroneous purchases from the cartel market.

Evgen
11.20.2012 , 07:06 PM | #18
I am on the side of the OP here, you shouldn't be able to buy an item you can't use.
I'm not even sure of the legality of that. I think an apology and a refund are in order.
In Champions Online you can't buy items you can't use (things already unlocked by being a subscriber for example)
That reply from CS is ridiculous.
By the way, CS can give you compensation in the form of commendations etc, for delays etc. Don't be shy to ask for them.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

The-Pook
11.20.2012 , 08:10 PM | #19
Well after the same brush off with an in game ticket I have another ticket sent and am waiting to see if there will be a favorable response.
Again I don't see why the heck they can't just refund the coins. I know their customer service may be busy with FREE TO PLAY people however I am NOT one of those and believe I should get priority service dangit!
Vendahl Freyvold
Founder and Lead of
De Oppresso Libre
Est. 1996

Evgen
11.20.2012 , 08:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Pook View Post
Well after the same brush off with an in game ticket I have another ticket sent and am waiting to see if there will be a favorable response.
Again I don't see why the heck they can't just refund the coins. I know their customer service may be busy with FREE TO PLAY people however I am NOT one of those and believe I should get priority service dangit!
Totally agree with you there. I'm guessing there are a lot of tickets from other paying players like us though. THe Cartel Market has a lot of issues, many imagined, many real.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy