Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

whattles
12.11.2012 , 12:56 AM | #231
Even Strike Team will try and get a team going

chozen
12.11.2012 , 02:02 AM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by krakl View Post
This.

Your 'open division' is the premier league, the place where heroes are made and dreams are crushed, where people spend every second min maxing their gear for that slight edge. This will be what everyone aspires to.

However if you include a 'recruit division', this will allow those who are a) not geared enough, or b) not quite skilled enough (like me :P) to gain some real practice at ranked, and even some bonus ranked comms for good measure. I would think you would get quite a few extra guilds involved then, who may not be quite ready/willing to try out the full league, but want to dip their toe in the water.

The biggest success factor to an ongoing league like this would be a continuous source of pvp talent who are ready to duke it out. All server pop issues aside, this would be a good way to do it.

Now it depends what others think, and if the organisers would want to take on the extra scope.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I forgot to say, that the recruit league doesn't necessarily need to be streamed, but can run at the same time, just so there's some structure to it.
Agreed
Master Dar'nala

Vacarius
12.11.2012 , 02:25 AM | #233
I third this notion

A recruit league would help us lower teams gain experience while preserving the no holds barred nature of the highest level. Once people get a taste for it, with 1.6 war hero won't take long to get and EWH isn't much of a difference in stats.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

Scorpiooooo
12.11.2012 , 03:09 AM | #234
Hey guys!

Ok - I will edit out the gear restrictions for now, if we can find a way to incorporate then great, if not then no worries.

I would love to hold both a recruit league and a pro league but it's probably not on the cards to do both. What I WOULD be happy to do, is organise a regular server RWZ match time. Say once a week for three to four hours. We can work out a system whereby teams that want to PvP for more experience tell me by a certain date, I can put together a match list for a month-two months and those teams just rock up on the time/day as per the match list. Basically a non-streamed casual match up rather than a competition.

I'd be MORE than happy to organise all this and even take part if it gets more trams geared and into R.A.W!

For example -

Sundays 2pm AEDT - 6pm AEDT
Week 1: NC v Legit, Boss2 v Infection, Pandemic v Beyond Redemption
Week 2: Legit v Boss2, Infection v Pandemic, Beyond Redemption v NC
Week 3: Legit v Infection, Pandemic v NC, Boss2 v NC

Thoughts?
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Discoteck
12.11.2012 , 03:25 AM | #235
I think that the two separate leagues is a good idea, we definitely need a league with a recruit limitation as this is the only way to encourage new people to get involved with pvp and the competitions. It will be good for the lowbies to know they have a chance.

It will be extremely difficult to convince everyone to spend all their comms on another set of plain war hero instead of putting their coms towards the elite war hero. Having a set of recruit and a set of elite would be the easiest way to go. And im sure their are more then a few multi millionaires in each guild that can shout a set of recruit as its only around 300k which is no more then 3 dailys.

To another issue:

I have been talking to some of the guildless 50's that I don't see in warzones as to why they don't pvp. They said its because they get smashed and rarely get a win. And as my guild already has a full ranked team I have been thinking about grouping with some of the newbies and helping them, and also getting them interested in joining the competitions and the community. However I don't know anything about healing or tanking and would need some other people to help 'mentor'. People who are well experienced who don't have a regular spot in their guild,s ranked warzone team. I think their could be a possible two more teams per faction.

Was thinking about making a thread but wanted to see what peoples thoughts were first.

-SCITTLES

frose
12.11.2012 , 04:50 PM | #236
I would be happy to mentor people about healing in warzones if that is actually a thing anyone wants.

- Swashbuckler

ausmisc
12.11.2012 , 07:13 PM | #237
I agree it'd be hard to run 2 seperate leagues and might detract from the size and excitement of the R.A.W tournament.. depends how many teams we ended up getting in each =/ I guess if they weren't run in parallel then there'd be nothing stopping teams from entering into both leagues. Either on alts or mains just regeared.

At this stage i'm throwing my vote towards Recruit and Open leagues if Icesis and Co. thought it feasible. Even if the recruit wasn't streamed/commentated like he mentioned above- it'd be great for the server and help with gearing for the open league.

Mentoring could work well with this. I'm pretty sure some of the more advanced PVP guilds would gladly offer advice on gearing, tactics, composition etc to help their faction teams in the league. It's win win really especially when we'll be grouped up in normals sometimes heh.

Mulloway
12.12.2012 , 07:21 AM | #238
I think a recruit tournament and the mentoring idea sound fantastic.

As scittles mentioned a lot of less skilled/fresh 50's are put off by pvp because they get smashed/majority of the time are on losing teams. This just compounds their frustration and the futility of the situation they are in. Only skilled players playing alts (which usually have hand-me-downs) or the exceptionally determined could get to the optimised WH level on a fresh 50 in the recent pvp climate on our server.

I have noticed a change of late which is good, also noticed a lot of imp players playing their pub alts and the games are generally closer and more exciting.

I think the gear changes will get a lot of people back on board because they can gear in a more leveled environment - it's going to be a while before we see optimised EWH players running around regular wzs smashing their way through throngs of toons.
Piimpin - Sentinel
Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by porthis View Post
Any stupid with any gears and no experience can put himself in the ranked and play with no respect or regard for others.

parbs
12.12.2012 , 02:39 PM | #239
I vote for no stun nades in competitions. There's enough stuns in the game as is! It'd make things more interesting imo
Presh - 50 Shadow (Master Dar'Nala)

rickochey
12.12.2012 , 11:19 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by parbs View Post
I vote for no stun nades in competitions. There's enough stuns in the game as is! It'd make things more interesting imo
omg presh, all i can craft is stun nades! you trying to put me out of business? btw just grab some from the guild bank if you need any
Tinksy