Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Master Dar'Nala
R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship
 

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
12.06.2012 , 12:13 AM | #111
hello,

i have a few questions:

1. have u tested to see whether the live stream plays at a consistent rate?
2. with two refs per match, will there be two streams running (one stream per team perspective)? if so;
3. could u ensure refs have access to team voice comms (vent, ts,mumble), so we can hear player chat during matches? if so;
4. could you then retest the live stream to see if your connection/s can hold the increased bandwidth load while streaming?

thanks :>

Antiskeptic's Avatar


Antiskeptic
12.06.2012 , 12:40 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
hello,

i have a few questions:

1. have u tested to see whether the live stream plays at a consistent rate?
2. with two refs per match, will there be two streams running (one stream per team perspective)? if so;
3. could u ensure refs have access to team voice comms (vent, ts,mumble), so we can hear player chat during matches? if so;
4. could you then retest the live stream to see if your connection/s can hold the increased bandwidth load while streaming?

thanks :>
If they're in vent and streaming it how will I tell my team how ****** that sniper from Midian is?
//

Marcusftfw's Avatar


Marcusftfw
12.06.2012 , 01:53 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
hello,

i have a few questions:

1. have u tested to see whether the live stream plays at a consistent rate?
2. with two refs per match, will there be two streams running (one stream per team perspective)? if so;
3. could u ensure refs have access to team voice comms (vent, ts,mumble), so we can hear player chat during matches? if so;
4. could you then retest the live stream to see if your connection/s can hold the increased bandwidth load while streaming?

thanks :>
could we ensure that refs DO NOT have access to vent/ts/mumble,? I'd hate to give away any strats during the first round to have them used against us in the following match - lolsauce, thought that to be kinda obvious
-Win

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
12.06.2012 , 02:13 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcusftfw View Post
could we ensure that refs DO NOT have access to vent/ts/mumble,? I'd hate to give away any strats during the first round to have them used against us in the following match - lolsauce, thought that to be kinda obvious
I would've thought all stategies would have been sorted out prior to the start of a streamed WZ? If not, refs could simply sit in a different channel of vent/ts until the match begins (speeders have been used, gates have dropped etc.).

Furthermore, people are going to be able to 'see' what your strategy/ies are once you start playing anyways. This is consistent with most sports in the real world, as teams often review and deconstruct footage of opposing teams to learn their strategies before actually facing them.

The reason why I would push for voice communication recording is that it helps to show how your team operates as a unit, something which (in the thick of battle) is not so obvious by simply viewing silent footage. This is something of particular interest to me as a spectator watching this event, and i have a feeling i wouldn't be the only one.

:>

Scorpiooooo's Avatar


Scorpiooooo
12.06.2012 , 02:16 AM | #115
This is the first time I have streamed a comp like this, so I'm keeping it as simple as possible.
There will be 1 stream, mine, with two commentators, probably using Skype or some such device in order to get both our voices into the one channel.
We will be sitting beside each other in a room that I have acquired that has previously been used for livestreaming gaming events, there will be no issue with the frame rate or stream. We are in fact arriving a few hours before the event begins, to ensure this.

We wil not be tapping into mumble or vent channels, we won't be conversing with the players during their game, our chat channel will be minimised during gameplay to ensure the privacy of the competing players is kept to a degree.

This is very bare bones - but a stream of a fun, competitive tournament that could become something more regular if it works. If not it will still have been a fun day of Ranked Warzones, something you just don't get on our server with any regularity!

Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

ambitiousapple's Avatar


ambitiousapple
12.06.2012 , 02:19 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
If they're in vent and streaming it how will I tell my team how ****** that sniper from Midian is?
I assume you would just say it anyway; throwing chat around in WZs is part of the competition.

Case examples would be when Mumaydidi called me "...that f****** gunslinger c***!" during a Core vs Offline Civil War, and when Zirkx went into the Offline vent after Core lost a RWZ to them and preceded to say that "Core was s***"

Both of these examples were recorded live on Condescends twitch channel.

:>

Antiskeptic's Avatar


Antiskeptic
12.06.2012 , 02:39 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
I assume you would just say it anyway; throwing chat around in WZs is part of the competition.

Case examples would be when Mumaydidi called me "...that f****** gunslinger c***!" during a Core vs Offline Civil War, and when Zirkx went into the Offline vent after Core lost a RWZ to them and preceded to say that "Core was s***"

Both of these examples were recorded live on Condescends twitch channel.

:>
Haha you know I'm just playing. I'm not afraid to trash talk. ;]
//

rickochey's Avatar


rickochey
12.06.2012 , 02:55 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
I would've thought all stategies would have been sorted out prior to the start of a streamed WZ? If not, refs could simply sit in a different channel of vent/ts until the match begins (speeders have been used, gates have dropped etc.).

Furthermore, people are going to be able to 'see' what your strategy/ies are once you start playing anyways. This is consistent with most sports in the real world, as teams often review and deconstruct footage of opposing teams to learn their strategies before actually facing them.

The reason why I would push for voice communication recording is that it helps to show how your team operates as a unit, something which (in the thick of battle) is not so obvious by simply viewing silent footage. This is something of particular interest to me as a spectator watching this event, and i have a feeling i wouldn't be the only one.

:>
I'm with prox, i would love to see how teams in particular the winning team operates - would be helpful for improvement.
Tinksy

Antiskeptic's Avatar


Antiskeptic
12.06.2012 , 03:02 AM | #119
The only two I'd care to hear is those of the two teams in the finals. This will ensure no strats been stolen or w.e etc etc and the two that are in the finals will be there for a reason.

This would also prevent anyone from making up crap excuses about people watching vids to hear strats and crap.
//

rickochey's Avatar


rickochey
12.06.2012 , 06:59 AM | #120
I am sorry to inform your but Black Sun can no longer compete in the ranked comp. We can not make up a full team due to people no longer being able to make it. I apologise for the inconvenience and the lateness of this message.
Tinksy