Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP is broken BIG time!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP is broken BIG time!

fungihoujo
11.27.2012 , 10:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Usually the ones that have a problem with premade groups are the ones not in those groups.....

MAKE SOME FRIENDS
JOIN TOGETHER
GET VENT. OR MUMBLE. OR WTFEVER

This is not a Bioware problem. It is a you problem.

It is not for Bioware to fix. It is for you to fix.

The game is not the flaw. Your mindset is.
Losing 1.5 million subs in four months isn't a problem for BW? Going from 'not thinking about f2p' before patch 1.2 to 'we'll be going f2p in a few months' a mere three months later if even that is not a problem for BW? Going from a dozen so full they had queues servers before 1.2, on top of a good 60+ other servers to, what, 8 servers that can't get ranked pops most of the time and even normal queues take half hour plus off prime time- is not a problem for BW?

Losing world pvp without a sign of it on the horizon, and a year after launch still being in pre-season 1 is not a problem for BW?

What exactly is your criteria for this being a problem for BW, are we going to wait until EA closes the mmo down entirely before we're ready to admit 'ya, ok, maybe we should have tried to make pvp fun for people after all'?

You may not have been paying attention to the gaming world- seems like BW hasn't been either- but recently the boom has been in casual gaming- people don't want to have to go through finding in game players, gearing up, etc..... just so they can play viably- people want to jump in, do some pvp, and have fun. It is so easy to go with cosmetic gear, titles, pets, mounts, etc... for endgame pvp over gating.

Gating works in pve because when you are new to pve- you don't have to do nightmare TFB right away- you can do normals, then HMs, then story, then etc....., gearing up all the way. You can enjoy the content at any pace you like. PvP- you face aug WH whether you're a new casual player or not, and that is not enjoyable.

People simply do not want to keep doing something that is not fun- and until we start being paid 10 bucks an hour to play TOR, would you guys stop trying to act like games are meant to be jobs.

I don't have to have friends in GW2 to just jump in and top matches in pvp, I don't need them in any of the million shooters, I don't need them for DOTA or League of Legends- frankly outside of mmo pvp they are not needed.

When you have normal WZ, and ranked WZ- ranked should be for competitive play, normal should be for everyone else- that's not the case. You want to encourage group play and guilds- give us a real ranked system with real cosmetic unique rewards/titles, and, give us a good world pvp area. Even with as flawed as WG was- when there was something happening there was some real pvp connections going on there, and you got to know pvpers on your server pretty well.

Right now pvp is just a mess.

Arlanon
11.27.2012 , 10:21 PM | #22
I was away for like 6 months. When I got back I was in Battlemaster gear.

I did Warzones for a week and got myself some nice War Hero gear. I'm in pretty good shape atm. And I'm having fun. There's no reason others cannot do this too.

Playing with a group of friends is my big secret. What I'm taking away from this thread is that nobody has any friends. I didn't either when I came back. I made some! You can too!

Skyskater
11.27.2012 , 11:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
Define "little bit".

In order to fully augment your gear, you need to spend a minimum of 420000 credits (14 gear slots x 30k cost to apply MK-6). When you reach level 50 you typically have enough money to buy your new abilities and a speeder, unless you've been playing on the GTN during levelling, or if you have a main character to leech money from. 420000 credits is the minimum cost, but a more realistic number would be; ~1800000 credits, unless you craft some of the things yourself.
420k is two days of doing just Ilum and BH dailies, which even in recruit gear, unaugmented, would take you at most 1.5 hours each day if you know what you're doing/aren't completely incompetent at your class (healers semi excluded). And yes i'm assuming people know how to use their crew skills to get the MK-6 augment slot parts, or craft it themselves.

And since you're assuming the person just hit 50 then they also wont have full BM right away in which case the credit cost is more progressive. Also with the speeder training costs decrease that leaves a lot more credit (~200k more) to spend on your gear.

Majspuffen
11.28.2012 , 01:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyskater View Post
420k is two days of doing just Ilum and BH dailies, which even in recruit gear, unaugmented, would take you at most 1.5 hours each day if you know what you're doing/aren't completely incompetent at your class (healers semi excluded). And yes i'm assuming people know how to use their crew skills to get the MK-6 augment slot parts, or craft it themselves.

And since you're assuming the person just hit 50 then they also wont have full BM right away in which case the credit cost is more progressive. Also with the speeder training costs decrease that leaves a lot more credit (~200k more) to spend on your gear.
420k is the cost if you have someone to provide you with all the MK-6 and augments that you need for free. So unless they have a very good friend or a very supportive guild, they would have to do all those exciting and fun dailies for a much longer period of time than just two days.

Also, are you not recommending that people should augment their Recruit gear? It's just a bit of credits, anyways.
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

Hambunctious
11.28.2012 , 02:08 AM | #25
It's broken in a few areas, DPS rules the game, and severely broken by certain classes/specs.
Tanks don't mitigate much of anything.
Taunts should require points in the tank skill trees.
Crowd control is out of control.
Healers are better tanks than tanks.
Classes that aren't really squishy to begin with can have bubbles that absorb 4500+ damage.
Client/server synching is way off at times.

JackNader
11.28.2012 , 02:12 AM | #26
^^ that's a fair point and something i've never even thought about. Taunt should absolutely be a specced talent in the tanking tree.

Majspuffen
11.28.2012 , 06:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
It's broken in a few areas, DPS rules the game, and severely broken by certain classes/specs.
Tanks don't mitigate much of anything.
A proper tank can make a huge difference in a team. But they need a healer to function.

Taunts should require points in the tank skill trees.
No. Marauders and Snipers do not have any taunts or dispels and off-heals, instead they have a healing debuff and more group utility. A DPS class that have access to a tank tree brings taunt to the table. A DPS class that can heal bring dispels and weak off-heals (but those off-heals can make a difference).

Healers are better tanks than tanks.
Not really, no. A lonely healer can be locked down and killed incredibly easy. A tank will often survive a lockdown. It's just that they require a healer to function, just like healers requires tanks.

Client/server synching is way off at times.
And yeah, this is probably the worst thing about the game at the moment. :/
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!