Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

warultima
11.18.2012 , 04:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
Sweetheart, I realize you're used to always having the advantage against other classes, but you can't have the upperhand against EVERY class.

If you really want to kill them, roll a DPS scoundrel/op and faceroll them.
Why not? There's a reason why I rerolled a mara and sin. If I cant have advantages against all classes then what's the point of being a marauder? Sniper really needs to get nerfed, or let us skilled marauders to be able to force charge thru cover and give us a class passive, we should be immune to all CCs roots and slows for 4 seconds after we force charge. And force smash damage is fine, but the AoE radius should be larger than it is rightnow.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

BoDiE
11.18.2012 , 04:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Typical nerf the sniper thread from a typical bad player:
1. Plays a FOTM melee class. Cannot deal with anything in PVP unless he can charge right into their face.
2. Begins the nerf thread by listing the cooldowns of the said class
3. Brings no real PVP examples of the so called overpowered class winning duels in situations where it is not supposed to.

Dude, this thread will end just like any other Nerf the Sniper thread. People will make fun of you. And you will just end up being embarassed. Those few who will pity you, might just give you some advices and insights on how to play against snipers.

May God have mercy on your soul and may the Force be with you.
Yep I agree, bad Maras in their fotm class gettign rolled. He must be very, very bad
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

PoliteAssasin
11.18.2012 , 04:53 PM | #23
I'm melee and I have no issues with them at all. Seriously, l2p.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Riggz
11.18.2012 , 04:59 PM | #24
Nerf Operatives
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
<BLACK SUN RISING>
<INFAMOUS>

PowerReaper
11.18.2012 , 04:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
Nerf Operatives
Agreed.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

Loladarulz
11.18.2012 , 05:06 PM | #26
Ok, can someone forbid this guy to open threads in the forums at least for a month. No nerfs - especially to snipers. Thank you. Bye-

BoDiE
11.18.2012 , 05:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Loladarulz View Post
Ok, can someone forbid this guy to open threads in the forums at least for a month. No nerfs - especially to snipers. Thank you. Bye-
/signed
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

Lalainnia
11.18.2012 , 05:15 PM | #28
Nerf Commandos/Merc they r so op its not even funny
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

CommanderKeeva
11.18.2012 , 05:27 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...
No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.
- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.
L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.
Thanks.
I play a Sniper and I don't feel overpowered at all, let me tell you. Because this is a ranged class, big shock, it does awesome ranged damage. Get close in my face, when my def cd's are on cd, and see for yourself how long I will last against your undying rage. Tankasins I especially hate because they can speed right up to me, taunt and reduce my damage by 30% then vanish and stab me in the back.

Or Scrapper Scoundrels or Concealment Operatives can wreak havoc on my HP. It's really easy to sneak up on a stationary Sniper, whereupon I can taste their yummy Acid Blade/Flechette Round empowered Shoot First followed by a nasty Sucker Punch/Flying Fists.

Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses (except for commandos/mercs they mostly have weaknesses). I was killed by melee more than once and I have killed quite a few snipers on my various melee characters. Snipers can be countered, just like every other class.

Want to cry about nerfing a class? I recommend starting with the 7k lolsmashers/sweepers.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Ramtar
11.18.2012 , 06:15 PM | #30
[QUOTE=CommanderKeeva;5432975]I play a Sniper and I don't feel overpowered at all, let me tell you. Because this is a ranged class, big shock, it does awesome ranged damage. Get close in my face, when my def cd's are on cd, and see for yourself how long I will last against your undying rage. Tankasins I especially hate because they can speed right up to me, taunt and reduce my damage by 30% then vanish and stab me in the back.

Or Scrapper Scoundrels or Concealment Operatives can wreak havoc on my HP. It's really easy to sneak up on a stationary Sniper, whereupon I can taste their yummy Acid Blade/Flechette Round empowered Shoot First followed by a nasty Sucker Punch/Flying Fists.

Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses (except for commandos/mercs they mostly have weaknesses). I was killed by melee more than once and I have killed quite a few snipers on my various melee characters. Snipers can be countered, just like every other class.

Want to cry about nerfing a class? I recommend starting with the 7k lolsmashers/sweepers.[/QUOT

Your correct no nerf.

Knights/Warriors should be able to jump into an area right next to a Sniper/Gunslinger, just like a Trooper firing off a Mortar Volley.