Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

Nidza
11.20.2012 , 11:26 PM | #111
lvl 50 snipers are the most balanced class very deadly if played well but it's rare however at low lvl pvp they really do a lot of burst.

Jarfunkz
11.21.2012 , 01:47 AM | #112
The best part it is from a sin... pretty much the best all around class there is.
VicVega

daDren
04.04.2013 , 05:39 PM | #113
Its now April 2013, yes its time to nerf snipers for pvp. i cant touch them in melee or ranged any class. i have 5 50s and 4 lowbies including operative! its rediculous. check any server imp side and the starting areas are full of people rolling snipers because everyone knows it!!

DarkSaberMaster
04.04.2013 , 07:25 PM | #114
And here we go with a page from the Necronomicon.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

NathanielStarr
04.04.2013 , 08:48 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Snipers hurt a lot when they are 30m away and you are fighting someone else. Or even when you are trying to kill them.

But I have never been repeatedly killed by a sniper and thought to myself...hmm not much I can do different.

But I frequently have that feeling when I constantly come up solo vs the same PT-Pyro or certain Maras. You can do your actions perfectly against certain Pyros or Maras and they can still kill you because of the class. But a Sniper is someone who can't follow you around the node. If a particular Sniper is tearing you up, you can always try altering your combat positioning and semi-LOS a Sniper. That doesn't work against a PT or Mara.
well PT's have been nerfed hard

ArchangelLBC
04.04.2013 , 09:10 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by daDren View Post
Its now April 2013, yes its time to nerf snipers for pvp. i cant touch them in melee or ranged any class. i have 5 50s and 4 lowbies including operative! its rediculous. check any server imp side and the starting areas are full of people rolling snipers because everyone knows it!!
Posts like this are why we can't have nice things.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

chimex
04.05.2013 , 02:46 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by daDren View Post
Firstly, nice necro you did there. Secondly, it IS still possible for a melee to beat a sniper 1v1. The sniper does not even have to be a terrible player, you just have to be a better one (kinda the point of PvP as a whole, really!) I won't tell you how, if you have yet to figure out a strategy, then keep working at it (hint: doesn't involve an awful lot of face tanking)

Secondly, I play both factions on a couple of servers. I'll have to call bull on Snipers/Gunslingers suddenly being fashionable.

And before you ask, I do play melee on one of my classes:

Sorc (DPS)
Sniper (lvl 47 b4 you ask!)
Merc (DPS, suprisingly fun to play)
Sentinel
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Glower
04.05.2013 , 03:03 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
Firstly, nice necro you did there. Secondly, it IS still possible for a melee to beat a sniper 1v1.
I think as melee you can't beat good 1.7 (not buffed 2.0! ) engi with all colldowns and on their own grounds without support (1 vs 1).
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

MarkXXIV
04.05.2013 , 03:18 AM | #119
instead of nerfing snipers fix all the specs that suck and aren't even used in ranked warzone and nerf rage and pyro. problem solved
bh/trooper are dead after 2.0.

SafeJungleFever
04.07.2013 , 04:10 AM | #120
I've got a gunslinger, I play him. And I agree. Nerf em. And smash. Improve sorc survivability, and give merc/commando some tools that actually work. I like everything I play which is a lot, and it is obnoxious to have one stand out so far above the others.