Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Recustomization

althene
02.02.2013 , 03:27 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinjadu View Post
The idea that this will not be something frequently used is obviously false ... the unify colours option is a major feature that this game has over others and this game is very "altoholics friendly. Altoholics will flock to this feature and pay repeatedly - I just rerolled a gunslinger because I decided I did not like his looks anymore. I would happily have paid to redact them. Having your character maintain a look matters to us, believe me. It does not matter so much perhaps to the non-RP, end game only set, but there are more than enough of us to justify the time to add it into the game as a paid feature.
I'd just like to reiterate that just because someone is willing to pay for something, doesn't mean they should.

If you're 3 days into the Sahara and your water supply ran out 2 days ago, you'd pay anything for a drink. However it would be criminal for someone to actually charge you money. Or similarly, give you the water for free but charge you an exorbitant sum for the glass.

While that would constitute an extreme example, EA has decidedly demonstrated this way of thinking in the past. Furthermore, this is NOT the direction I want them to take their f2p model.

I've said it before but it bares repeating: minor cosmetics for in game currency, major changes such as race and gender for hard cash (cartel coins). To supplement this potential "loss" in revinue they could easily sell character customization packs along the some lines as the current cartel packs. They'd contain new character feature unlocks that you can use at the "barber/surgeon" vendor. In this way they keep players happily invested in their characters and still make money on the side.

Jayshames
02.02.2013 , 05:26 AM | #202
Hell, I'd love it to be a free feature, but if it gets it added any faster I'd be more than happy to pay for a recustomization, given it's not a ridiculous price. A few of the main characters I want to play I'm sick of their apperance and I'd love nothing more than to change them, price or not.

When is this thread going to get a BW response?!!?!?!

TridusSWTOR
02.02.2013 , 10:55 AM | #203
If they do this, they can't limit it to just hair and makeup type deal. Allow us to change our race/gender/body type as well. I want a full blown remake on my character, hope to see this in soon.

Amyas
02.02.2013 , 02:29 PM | #204
This should be a no brainer

Asavar
02.03.2013 , 10:43 AM | #205
+1 to this.

Jayshames
02.03.2013 , 04:29 PM | #206
5 Star thread, 204 responses and still no BW input.. makes me sadface.

Tatile
02.03.2013 , 04:34 PM | #207
There's no reason not to have post-creation customization. Even if it's just a hair change. Even if I might not use it, there's no reason not to have the option.

althene
02.04.2013 , 12:41 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
5 Star thread, 204 responses and still no BW input.. makes me sadface.
Actually, I did recieve feedback based on a personal message I sent to Allison. I'd posted about it soon after recieving it. It basically stated they're "aware of it". Her response indicated she would run it by the dev team for some kind of feedback, but she and they may (should) be busy quite a bit. I agree that some type of official post would be nice, but it could simply put someone in the line of fire for the forum hit squads.

Glower
02.05.2013 , 12:10 PM | #209
OP! Pls copy ur post on Cartel Market Suggestions forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=415
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Normandy_Hawk
02.06.2013 , 02:15 AM | #210
Name your price and I'll pay it! Huge revenue boost! Do it!