Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Character Recustomization


OllyParker's Avatar


OllyParker
11.21.2012 , 04:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
You can already pay CC or credits to unlock a race, so I can't see it as especially game breaking. Moreover, the cost of the GTN and repair droid greatly exceed the cost if simply unlocking the race anyway if my memory serves me. I think the GTN is 2 million credits or more while it's ony 1 or 1.5 mil for a race. I do see your point, however, so I would agree to the stipulation that race changes be limited by what you already have unlocked.
I am very interested in this. I've re-rolled many times because I didn't like my toon's cosmetics.

althene's Avatar


althene
11.22.2012 , 02:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OllyParker View Post
I am very interested in this. I've re-rolled many times because I didn't like my toon's cosmetics.
One of the problems there is that they're not all available when you start a character unless you've unlocked that race by hitting level 50 (or burning credits/CC). There are settings for republic and empire players on some races. This further exacerbates the problem since, now that you have more options to choose from in character creation, you have to start all over again since you can't reshape your character.

althene's Avatar


althene
11.23.2012 , 02:44 PM | #13
Gonna bump to keep it alive...

JediManos's Avatar


JediManos
11.23.2012 , 07:40 PM | #14
I too, want to see this in game since many months now. I support this thread. Want to do some changes in my rattataki sith sorc healer, and my human trooper healer XD. Since we talking about apperances, I want to see force use hood armor with long sleeves, the cowboy hat of the smuggler in title video: RETURN, in cinematics (without the thing that goes around your head, in a hat they got now and look... ewww. Also that very long cape he wears (isn't cape the right word?). It whould be nice hood armors with leather texture. Hair option for Rattataki race too, whould be nice in white, very light blueish colors maybe. I whouldn't mind more options in character creation as well, in body (be able to customize specific body areas for example). That's all for now

curzen's Avatar


curzen
11.24.2012 , 12:28 AM | #15
I'd very much like to change the skin color on one of my chars and also change a name. The latter really shouldn't be an issue given the forced changes after the server merges.

Guancyto's Avatar


Guancyto
11.24.2012 , 12:38 AM | #16
Paid race or cosmetic changes are basically printing money, if they've got the technology to do it. Be a bit more difficult to make it a cartel market thing, though, as all the cash shop purchases are applied in-game.

althene's Avatar


althene
11.24.2012 , 10:06 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JediManos View Post
I too, want to see this in game since many months now. I support this thread. Want to do some changes in my rattataki sith sorc healer, and my human trooper healer XD. Since we talking about apperances, I want to see force use hood armor with long sleeves, the cowboy hat of the smuggler in title video: RETURN, in cinematics (without the thing that goes around your head, in a hat they got now and look... ewww. Also that very long cape he wears (isn't cape the right word?). It whould be nice hood armors with leather texture. Hair option for Rattataki race too, whould be nice in white, very light blueish colors maybe. I whouldn't mind more options in character creation as well, in body (be able to customize specific body areas for example). That's all for now
Thanx for the support, but, wow. Formatting, love. Formatting.

I think you can get the hat through PvP on the republic side. It's medium armor and MIGHT even be a part of the recruit set. I'm not sure as I haven't had the patience to deal with the cover mechanic for more than 25 levels.
The "long cape" you're looking for is a trenchcoat or duster and I believe these are also available through the PvP vendors. There are also a couple that armormechs can make, so you might hit one up and go through his list.
Finally, I don't think the Rattataki have hair, sadly. It's part of what makes up the race fluff, sorry

althene's Avatar


althene
11.24.2012 , 10:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
Paid race or cosmetic changes are basically printing money, if they've got the technology to do it. Be a bit more difficult to make it a cartel market thing, though, as all the cash shop purchases are applied in-game.
They would have to make it so that you bought the thing and then had to log out to the character screen to enter the customization mode if they were to do it in the cartel store. I don't know that it would be all THAT complex as they have something similar for name changes, but I'm not a programmer, so I don't know.

Aramyth's Avatar


Aramyth
11.24.2012 , 10:20 AM | #19
There should be an I game NPC "barber" who chanes hair style/color, eye color, facial hair, scars, cosmetics and complexition.

Cartel Coins in the cash shop for a name/race/sex change.

Jawstheshark's Avatar


Jawstheshark
11.24.2012 , 01:35 PM | #20
Indeed. A feature that needs to exist.

As far as changing legacy or character name, that should be a paid micro transaction, or maybe now have it be cartel coins?