Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Recustomization

Nichos_Ketra
12.27.2012 , 07:56 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
Back from my vacation and checking up on this thread. Hope everyone had a pretty good Christmas.

I think they're saving it for either this upcoming mini-expansion or as an adrenaline shot when they need to hold on to or spur more subscribers. I'm hoping this isn't the case, but it makes sense from a business standpoint.

This, of course, takes the optimistic view that they're working on it at all.

Would really be nice if we could get some moderator feedback on this, but I understand that they might have bigger fish.

I did have a happy holidays. May you have had a happy holidays, yourself.

As for the topic, I sure hope that it's the former, not the latter. I can wait until RotHC. I hope they're saving purchasable character slots and Cathar for then, too.

althene
12.28.2012 , 09:10 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Nichos_Ketra View Post
I did have a happy holidays. May you have had a happy holidays, yourself.

As for the topic, I sure hope that it's the former, not the latter. I can wait until RotHC. I hope they're saving purchasable character slots and Cathar for then, too.
I think they've pretty much confirmed Cathar for the Makeb expansion, but I could be wrong. If they don't drop them, I think it would be yet another PR nightmare for EAWare. But that's beside the point. The fact is, I think a lot of people would rather do a race change for their shadow/assassin named after a certain cat-like cartoon character with thunderous origins than start from scratch. And I think they'd gladly pay a couple bucks to do it. The whole customization implementation would probably pay for itself within a few days if they do it like even a fraction of what people have mentioned here. Obviously if they overdo it on the nickel-dime aspect, they'll have it backfire horribly, but something would be better than nothing at tis point.

roySWTOR
12.28.2012 , 06:36 PM | #103
Watch out what you say, the Cathar aren't confirmed for The Hutt Cartell. They only announced we get them 'soon'...
The Red Eclipse<Empire of Tweakers>
Pemah - PowertechSha'ye - Sentinel

mandoforlife
12.28.2012 , 06:56 PM | #104
I totally, 100% support this. I spend so much time creating a character to look how I want, only to find it not looking to my liking later on. For example, I created a marauder. She's level 38 now... and I'm starting to wish I made her a male. I know gender changes could be a bit complicated, but it could be done. If they implemented a character recustomization feature, they'd make quite a bit of moneys worth of CC from me, and I'm sure from many others as well.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

lobotaru
12.29.2012 , 05:08 PM | #105
Agreed. This would be something that a lot of people would pay for, I'm sure.

spectreclees
12.29.2012 , 08:38 PM | #106
Yeah, I'm not sure why this game still doesn't have it when younger games do.

Telaan
12.29.2012 , 09:14 PM | #107
It's long overdue. I took a nine month break was wax blown away that this had not been implemented.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

althene
12.30.2012 , 11:35 AM | #108
We can only keep getting sigs on this (and other threads) with the hopes that EAWare might eventually take us seriously. I still believe it will happen one day, but they're (the devs) stuck behind the 8 ball right now since having to rush f2p and the cartel store (for better or worse).

I would still be more than grateful if one of the lovely and talented forum moderators would shake down a developer for any information on this, however (violence is a last resort, but authorized as needed to retrieve the information :P)

Alykia
12.30.2012 , 12:42 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
I flipped back a couple pages, but didn't see any thread titles suggesting something similar, so I thought I'd touch on it or at least dig it out of the back of the closet.

Character Recustomization?

It really needs to happen. Now that it's easier than ever to unlock races with cartel coins, it would be nice to be able to go back and really do what you wanted to during character creation, but didn't have the tools to do it unlocked yet.

I'm all for restarting a class just to do things better. Not that I make it a habit, but this is a hobby more than a way of life for me, so I don't mind spending the time to start over. Especially when there really are only 4 stories and playing through them gets faster the more you do it. But not every (many) of the player community feel this way, especially the newly acquired f2p crowd we have. It's especially unfair to them since they only have 2 character slots on the account total. They can buy your coins to open up a race, but then they have to sacrifice their only other slot to take advantage of the character creation options, even if they bought the unlock for the race they're currently playing.

Throw us all a bone here, BW. Give us a vendor, on each respective fleet perhaps, that will allow us to recustimize our character. I'm not asking for an AC swap or a race change (although race does nothing from a gameplay standpoint in this game). I just want to be able to swap out the old busted bionics for the new hotness once I unlock the cyborg race or something similar. I'm not even asking for a body type swap. Just the cosmetics. Maybe a new hairdo. The new swanky bionic eye that I mentioned. Maybe get a new tattoo or have one removed. Charge us credits for it. One more money sink can't be all that bad, right? Hell, I'd even be ok with a (SMALL) cost in cartel coins. You could even make it into a legacy item for player ships just like the GTN, mailbox and repair droid. You could even make it a function OF the repair droid (he dabbles in facial reconstruction on the side).

Please, BioWare... You're our only hope.

EDIT: so this thread has (thankfully) gathered a bit of momentum and a few suggestions have poped up that I hadn't taken into consideration when I originally posted it. So with that in mind, I'm going to simply provide a list of suggestions here. Call it an overall thread TL;DR for the attention deficit crowd.

- Legacy customization droid similar to the repair droid to recustomize your character at will or with possible credits
- "Barber shops" for players to spend credits for minor cosmetic changes
- Cartel store full recustomization option with possible name change (not legacy name)
- Cartel store race/gender/name change only option
- Cartel store Legacy name change (not really a fan of this one, but provided for completion)
- Vastly upgraded or revamped character creation tools with more range of features and options (CoH anyone?)
- Character faction change (possibly considerably more complex with having to change ships, story arcs, etc. Maybe causing all story flags, skill points, etc, to be reset. Would need to lock AC to cross faction mirror class, however. Provided for completion.)

More added as and when the need arises.

P.S.: Woot! Thanx for the 5 star rating guys! Your posts and support keep this thread alive.
YES. THIS. NOW please.

And name change ability.
Server change.
oh and adding ability to copy/past chat logs so you don't have to screenshot just to copy a log. >.<
Write the books you want to read, play the music you want to hear, do the work you want to see done.

VassagoOmega
12.30.2012 , 02:44 PM | #110
I second this.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild