Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

Airmo
11.20.2012 , 06:18 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
At least it wasn't as bad as the death of Meetra Surik. The only guy to get a good death in the novel was T3. Though I wish it wasn't so.
I have to disagree here. Meetra may have gotten an..undignified death but at least she died herself and she even went all Obi-wan and helped Revan and the republic after her death. Revan got mind screwed for hundreds of years and only got out of it not being dead or broken by the Emperor because of Meetra's help, just so he can be turned crazy, attempt to commit genocide, and then be killed by his captives. I think his death is way worse. =/

I agree about T3's death though..I really didn't see it coming. I mean..did the Emperor really need to vaporize him?
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Rayla_Felana
11.20.2012 , 06:24 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I have to disagree here. Meetra may have gotten an..undignified death but at least she died herself and she even went all Obi-wan and helped Revan and the republic after her death. Revan got mind screwed for hundreds of years and only got out of it not being dead or broken by the Emperor because of Meetra's help, just so he can be turned crazy, attempt to commit genocide, and then be killed by his captives. I think his death is way worse. =/
It's not about how she died, rather why she died mate.

Airmo
11.20.2012 , 06:26 PM | #233
Good thing you got to it first. I had to re-read that post a couple times.

As to Revan mastering any Lightsaber forms. Because there is absolutely no evidence to support such a claim, we can only assume that he did not. We know that we was skilled with a lightsaber, but we can't say that he mastered any of the forms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRsXd...etailpage#t=4s
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere
11.20.2012 , 06:28 PM | #234
What?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
11.20.2012 , 06:29 PM | #235
You know what, screw this, you just won the thread with that link, good form sir, good form.

Airmo
11.20.2012 , 06:29 PM | #236
What?
Say "what?" again!! SAY "What?" AGAIN!!

..lol

Aurbere
11.20.2012 , 06:40 PM | #237
Say "what?" again!! SAY "What?" AGAIN!!

..lol
What?

Yeah I said it.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.20.2012 , 07:39 PM | #238
LOL!!!

Congratz. That was the best laugh I've had in a while.

But what's really funny about it is that it actually makes logical since.

Meepbot
11.20.2012 , 08:15 PM | #239
Well played
The Shadeslayer Legacy |The Harbinger | No Guild
Bloo, 50 Sniper | Turtlestomper, 50 Merc | Beautiful-Ocean, 50 Jug | Arran, 50 Sin
Guiotine, 50 Sent | Popojoe, 50 Sage | Ericksson, 50 Scoundrel | Phoenix, 50 VG

Beniboybling
11.21.2012 , 12:55 AM | #240
Brilliant, just brilliant. I think that ends this debate. Revan is an unknown.