Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Revisiting An in-depth look at: Revan

Rayla_Felana
11.19.2012 , 05:54 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallner View Post
Darth Traya (Kreia) had shatterpoint. The exile beat her, no? And Sion+Nihilus also beat her.
She only had a variation of Shatterpoint whilst she was dying and using the Heart of Malachor V to foresee future events.

Airmo
11.19.2012 , 05:55 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Shatterpoint pretty much hands him the victory, but there are other scenarios. They do, however, end with the same result.

Except for Revan blasting him from space, but that's not worthy of debate.
Windu could be having an off day. No one is perfect. Maybe the underdog will somehow find a way to win, that sort of thing. Jedi do it all the time.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Wallner
11.19.2012 , 05:59 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
She only had a variation of Shatterpoint whilst she was dying and using the Heart of Malachor V to foresee future events.
How do you know she only had a variation of it?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 06:01 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Windu could be having an off day. No one is perfect. Maybe the underdog will somehow find a way to win, that sort of thing. Jedi do it all the time.
I don't think Mace Windu has 'off-days'

Given that he is as wise as Master Yoda and the most skilled duelist the Jedi Order had, I think Mace Windu would be fine. I mean he did beat Ventress with ease just after beating Sora Bulq.

Now if he had a bad hair day...

I see what you mean though. Jedi have a knack for getting into, and out of, trouble.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
11.19.2012 , 06:02 PM | #135
Because she only uses it the one time, when she has the Trayus Core empowering her visions.

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 06:07 PM | #136
She could really only perceive shatterpoints, and along with the Dark energies of the Trayus Core, she was able to perceive ripples in time. I say ripples because it fits with shatterpoint's ability to see the fractures in people, objects, etc.

Mace Windu could manipulate these shatterpoints and apply the Force to them to destroy them.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Xatasha
11.19.2012 , 06:07 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
Revan commanded half of the republic's fleet, well maybe not half, I don't really remember exactly how much but it was a significant ammount. Soldiers follow orders, Revan's team would be in the same position they were before he joined the war if Revan wasn't coming up with the plans.
No, see this is a leap of logic you are making. Revan inspired to go above and beyond. This doesn't make him a tactics mastermind but more like a muse. Do you think the president of the US comes up with the battle plans or does he put generals in charge that do?

Airmo
11.19.2012 , 06:11 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't think Mace Windu has 'off-days'

Given that he is as wise as Master Yoda and the most skilled duelist the Jedi Order had, I think Mace Windu would be fine. I mean he did beat Ventress with ease just after beating Sora Bulq.

Now if he had a bad hair day...

I see what you mean though. Jedi have a knack for getting into, and out of, trouble.
Oh I think he would be fine too, I know Windu is a bit of a bad mamachama. And that it's pretty much fact that he would win almost all the time, I'm just trying to say no one can win every time.

Hehe, Windu with a bad hair day. I chortled.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Aurbere
11.19.2012 , 06:13 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
No, see this is a leap of logic you are making. Revan inspired to go above and beyond. This doesn't make him a tactics mastermind but more like a muse. Do you think the president of the US comes up with the battle plans or does he put generals in charge that do?
This is actually a good point as Revan would not have been nearly as successful without the likes of Karath, Kavar, and Surik. Without them, the war could have taken a whole different turn.

Revan would have still employed the "aggression" strategy, but without great leaders to execute it successfully, the Mandalorians could have outmaneuvered the Republic fleet.

Airmo
11.19.2012 , 06:14 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
But Revan was a general.. he wasn't sitting in some office on corucant he had his on ship going into real battles telling his people what to do.