Adaptive Armor??

qwertywiz

The armor rating is a reflection of the armoring, as in th armor mod, you put in it. So as long as you upgrade the armoring in your orange gear as you level up your armor will improve too. Use your planetary comms and get armorings and mods from the vendors on the fleet (or in Quesh's case, on Quesh).There's a similar system for weapons/lightsabers where the hilt or barrell will decide the overall rating of the item.

So if you are asking if the armor will automatically scale the answer is NO. You will have to upgrade it.

Edited by MidichIorian

Yes, it always behaves as the highest weight armor you can wear. If your companions use a different weight then it recalculates every time it's equipped.

The armor value is determined by 2 things:

1) The weight (light, medium, heavy)

2) The rating (it's a number from 1-63 right now). This number is determined by what level armoring you have in the armoring mod slot of the armor (currently armorings come 1-27).

If I go tear a bunch of mods out of high end pvp gear and put it into adaptive armor (or other moddable armor) will they be on equal footing? Can I have the look I want and the stats I want?

yes but you do have to pay the cost of removing mods. I believe if there are set bonus for pvp armor it is attached to the armoring like most of the pve gear.

Edited by Neminos

• 1 month later...
this thread helped me understand AA much more, thank you in my months that i've been playing i haven't been able to get a straight answer on *** it is from fellow guild mates or from other players in my server, so this thread helped me get more clarity on the subject. so thank you very much. ^_^

• 3 months later...
Ok, I can modify the AA to the status that I want to have, but I still have one doubt. When We are level 50, We start using the gears that if you use the complete gear you gain a bonus for using the full gear. Do I still gain the bonus with the AA?

Prior to 2.0 only War Hero (PvP) and Campaign (PvE) gear had set bonus's that were transferable and it is tied to the armoring mod for that piece, Tionese/Columi/Rakata set bonuses are tied to the shell and therefore the set bonus could not be moved to a AA piece. Black Hole gear had no set bonus.

There are 5 pieces of gear that can be used to get the set bonus:

Headgear

Chest

Gloves

Legs (Greaves, Lower Robes etc)

Boots

In 2.0 commendations has changed significantly, best guide I found is at Dulfy.net. My best advise for leveling would be do those [2+} and [4+] missions as they usually reward a AA piece and use the comms to upgrade your mods in them and fill in missing pieces your not crafting. Don't forget your companion can wear the AA gear to! So if you get a reward that you like you can always, if possible (has to be of the same armor class) give your old piece to your companion, and keep their pieces upgraded as well as you level.

When I first started playing at launch I had no idea how the AA gear worked and was spending planetary comms buying new pieces :o hope this helps others not make the same mistake. :D

Take care

-Wastey :)

I read somewhere that the armoring mod now carries the set bonus, so:

1) If I took a new piece of the new tier gear and pulled the mods and put them in a piece of adaptive armor I will get the set bonus? That piece of adaptive armor would have exactly the same stats and armor as the piece of tier gear?

2) The Tionese/Columni/Rakata gear I hear the set bonus is still on the shell...so what would happen if I put in a new armor mod with a set bonus attached...would it change the set bonus or would the set bonus from the shell remain...could I get 2 4 piece set bonuses on the same set?

I read somewhere that the armoring mod now carries the set bonus, so:

1) If I took a new piece of the new tier gear and pulled the mods and put them in a piece of adaptive armor I will get the set bonus? That piece of adaptive armor would have exactly the same stats and armor as the piece of tier gear?

2) The Tionese/Columni/Rakata gear I hear the set bonus is still on the shell...so what would happen if I put in a new armor mod with a set bonus attached...would it change the set bonus or would the set bonus from the shell remain...could I get 2 4 piece set bonuses on the same set?

1) Yes that's correct

2) Nothing. All previous level 50 gear such as Tionese, Columi, Rakata and Black Hole had their vendors removed (Campaign Amorings are also removed). Campaign/Black Hole is now the lowest PvE tier for level 50 characters. (info copied from dulfy.net)

-Wastey :)

• 2 weeks later...

So Adaptive Armor overall rating will scale to the character you are equipping it to and have the max overall armor rating if you put the best mods into it?

Also if you buy an Adaptive Armor set on the Cartel Market will it be available for all or your characters you create or only 1?

If I go tear a bunch of mods out of high end pvp gear and put it into adaptive armor (or other moddable armor) will they be on equal footing? Can I have the look I want and the stats I want?

Thats the exact thing that Adaptive armor does. If your at max level and you find a really cool adaptive piece you want then you can wear it and have the best stats.

So Adaptive Armor overall rating will scale to the character you are equipping it to and have the max overall armor rating if you put the best mods into it?

Also if you buy an Adaptive Armor set on the Cartel Market will it be available for all or your characters you create or only 1?

(yes i know doublepost [side note we need post merge]) No its only that character. Though If you wait for a bit of time it becomes tradeable.

• 2 years later...

Just so I am clear, If i keep the armoring up to date on the worlds i go to through the spec vendors there, I can keep the same look through out the leveling process?

Yes you can, but there is a better way - use the outfit designer. That is, put the pieces of armor you want the "look" of in an outfit, and just use whatever piece of armor you get for your base.

EDIT - the "outfit" and the base can be the same piece - they don't need to be different.

It costs credits to put things in the outfit slots, but it also costs credits - many more credits as you get up in level - to rip the mods out of an armor piece.

So, say for example, you have a 132 level chest piece and you find (or buy) a 156 level chest piece. If the 132 piece is one you like the look of, just put it in your "Outfit" and equip the 156 piece on your base. Then you can continue to update your base without ripping mods or changing your look.

This also means that you can use any green, blue, orange or purple armor that has better stats in your base, and any green, blue, orange , or purple pieces you like, in your Outfit.

(Given the whole outfit designer thing, mods don't mean as much as they used to. Much of the 190/200 rating gear you get in KoFE is green or blue (with no mods), but it's perfectly fine to use as your base armor.)

Note though - if you have pieces with an augment slot, you may want to keep them as your base and continue to rip mods as it cost a lot of credits to add an augment slot.

Also, of course, you may want mod-able armor in your base if you want to adjust the secondary stats by changing mods and enhancements.

Edited by JediQuaker

Adaptive armor is such a bad concept IMO

i gotta ask, what made you decide to necro a 3 year old post with this...? i understand wanting to start a discussion if that was your intention, but the post was dead for a solid two years.

Edit: actually, better question, how did you even stumble UPON this thread?

Edited by Chaos_Becons