Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Adaptive Armor??

qwertywiz
11.17.2012 , 09:43 PM | #1
I understand it utilizes the max weight your character can handle but does the armor amount change as you lvl up?

MidichIorian
11.17.2012 , 10:12 PM | #2
The armor rating is a reflection of the armoring, as in th armor mod, you put in it. So as long as you upgrade the armoring in your orange gear as you level up your armor will improve too. Use your planetary comms and get armorings and mods from the vendors on the fleet (or in Quesh's case, on Quesh).There's a similar system for weapons/lightsabers where the hilt or barrell will decide the overall rating of the item.

So if you are asking if the armor will automatically scale the answer is NO. You will have to upgrade it.

Arkerus
11.17.2012 , 10:12 PM | #3
As far as I know, it change to the base armor supplied by that armor "weight"

If it didn't, no one would use it.

Make sure you keep your mods up to date.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Draloch
11.17.2012 , 10:35 PM | #4
Yes, it always behaves as the highest weight armor you can wear. If your companions use a different weight then it recalculates every time it's equipped.

The armor value is determined by 2 things:

1) The weight (light, medium, heavy)
2) The rating (it's a number from 1-63 right now). This number is determined by what level armoring you have in the armoring mod slot of the armor (currently armorings come 1-27).

Jnaathra
11.18.2012 , 09:10 AM | #5
If I go tear a bunch of mods out of high end pvp gear and put it into adaptive armor (or other moddable armor) will they be on equal footing? Can I have the look I want and the stats I want?

Neminos
11.18.2012 , 09:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnaathra View Post
If I go tear a bunch of mods out of high end pvp gear and put it into adaptive armor (or other moddable armor) will they be on equal footing? Can I have the look I want and the stats I want?
yes but you do have to pay the cost of removing mods. I believe if there are set bonus for pvp armor it is attached to the armoring like most of the pve gear.

Chaos_Becons
01.04.2013 , 08:38 AM | #7
this thread helped me understand AA much more, thank you in my months that i've been playing i haven't been able to get a straight answer on *** it is from fellow guild mates or from other players in my server, so this thread helped me get more clarity on the subject. so thank you very much. ^_^
when the jedi aren't enough, we call Havoc Squad
Sylindrista - Jedi Guardian
Proud memember of the Senate Guard
watch out of the monday special at the cantina!

GhostdoggTorok
01.04.2013 , 09:58 AM | #8
OMG....awesome info. I am so shopping on the Net tonight for some AA.

Just so I am clear, If i keep the armoring up to date on the worlds i go to through the spec vendors there, I can keep the same look through out the leveling process?

happysister
01.04.2013 , 12:42 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GhostdoggTorok View Post
Just so I am clear, If i keep the armoring up to date on the worlds i go to through the spec vendors there, I can keep the same look through out the leveling process?
this is correct for not only AA but also any orange piece of equipment.
Lorhin - SS/DF Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel
<Fortitude>

SandsOfArrakis
01.05.2013 , 02:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
this is correct for not only AA but also any orange piece of equipment.
And several purples
Írulan (Sage) ~ Jeanne'd'Arc (Guardian) ~ Sihaya (Scoundrel) ~ Elysaine (Sent)
Rhíannon (Sorc) ~ Gaeriel (Merc) ~ Ìrulan (Mara) ~ Aurorâ (Op) ~ Samus-Aran (PT)
The Corrino Legacy Server: The Red Eclipse