Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Your thoughts on how to make annihilation viable in RWZs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Your thoughts on how to make annihilation viable in RWZs?

JediMasterSLC's Avatar


JediMasterSLC
11.23.2012 , 11:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
You cannot make every single tree a "best" pvp tree. So long has a class got a viable more pvp oriented possibility, we got something.

Altough with the self-heals nerf, forced to admit they lessened the 1vs1 PvP superiority the spec had.

Imo, some classes like the dps sorc needs loving first.
I'm not complaining because all the specs aren't perfectly balanced. I'm just concerned that BW is designating some of their specs to be better suited to pve and others to pvp, and orienting their buffs/nerfs around pve at the cost of pvp balance. As long as BW is at least *trying* to give all specs a place in competitive pvp, I'm happy. And I'll agree that watchman sents aren't at the top of the list of specs that need pvp oriented buffs.

darthmorbous's Avatar


darthmorbous
11.27.2012 , 08:17 AM | #12
lol

i play Anni and do way more damage, cause my damage stays on the target;
and a force scream followed by annihilation you have 6k-7k+ in what? 1.5 sec? + healing.
PvP i focus on the healers ; the 20% healing debuff + all those interrupts from force charge+ the immobilize; i burn healers 1 by 1 so fast...i find you need a carnage in the team and you need a annihilation in the team.
There are so many carnage right now that annimara killing all the heals from the other team is priceless.
imho, you need at least one in RWZ.
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin

JediMasterSLC's Avatar


JediMasterSLC
11.27.2012 , 01:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by darthmorbous View Post
lol

i play Anni and do way more damage, cause my damage stays on the target;
and a force scream followed by annihilation you have 6k-7k+ in what? 1.5 sec? + healing.
PvP i focus on the healers ; the 20% healing debuff + all those interrupts from force charge+ the immobilize; i burn healers 1 by 1 so fast...i find you need a carnage in the team and you need a annihilation in the team.
There are so many carnage right now that annimara killing all the heals from the other team is priceless.
imho, you need at least one in RWZ.
Do you play ranked warzones? I mean competitive ones, not teams pugged from gen chat. Also, you should rarely use blade storm/force scream as watchman/anni since it costs 4 focus/rage and doesn't benefit from Juyo stacks. I still use it sometimes if I have lots of focus and unable to get in melee range for that GCD. If you're able to kill healers by yourself like you claim then the op team is terrible. Also, what do you mean by "way more damage"? Way more damage than what? Carnage? You might be able to get higher numbers on the scoreboard but you can't burst/kill a target like you can in combat/carnage.

DarthOvertone's Avatar


DarthOvertone
11.27.2012 , 02:56 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by darthmorbous View Post
i play Anni and do way more damage, cause my damage stays on the target;
and a force scream followed by annihilation you have 6k-7k+ in what? 1.5 sec? + healing.
PvP i focus on the healers ; the 20% healing debuff + all those interrupts from force charge+ the immobilize; i burn healers 1 by 1 so fast...i find you need a carnage in the team and you need a annihilation in the team.
There are so many carnage right now that annimara killing all the heals from the other team is priceless.
imho, you need at least one in RWZ.
Don't use Force Scream often when I roll Anni on my Marauder. But the burst with anything +Annihilate is no joke. However, in RWZs most of our bleeds would probably be cleansed. The recent 1.5 nerf to Anni Healing doesn't help the argument for viability either. Anni is great for NWZs when you aren't rolling with a premade or small scale fights like 1v1s or 2v1s. It's a bit sad because Anni is my favorite Mara spec, but it's true.

JediMasterSLC's Avatar


JediMasterSLC
11.27.2012 , 05:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
It's a bit sad because Anni is my favorite Mara spec, but it's true.
Mine too

HaemmernZeit's Avatar


HaemmernZeit
11.27.2012 , 10:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
It's a bit sad because Anni is my favorite Mara spec, but it's true.
Same here. I find that Anni has a nice flow to it whereas the other two specs you are waiting for that perfect moment to unleash. And JediMasterSLC, I agree, stealth needs to be on the off node, but if there isn't a stealther, the self heals should let you live a little longer. But what are you doing in a rated match without at least one stealther??? So I guess my point is moot.

Aluvi's Avatar


Aluvi
12.02.2012 , 10:03 AM | #17
I pretty much agree with what others have said.. being a DOT class it just isn't as viable, however, there are a few things that would make it at least viable for solo queuing and non rateds, and MAYBE even viable in rateds:

Remove the ability to cleanse the dots. They are vital for the spec, cleansing them completely nullifys it. Or, give them a talent that punishes people for removing the dots, say the cleansing person gets stunned + damaged.

Remove the "build up" on annihilator buff. Annihilation should be baseline 7 second cooldown. The rage cost on it is ridiculously high for the amount of damage it puts out, I don't see how a lower cooldown would hurt anything.

Revert the nerf to annihilation healing. This nerf was almost as unnecessary as the changes to rage.
Aluvien Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands

Xerain's Avatar


Xerain
12.02.2012 , 05:54 PM | #18
Annihilation is fine... No need to make it viable for rwz's... Be happy we have 2 good specs for rwz's and 3 good specs for normal war zones.

JediMasterSLC's Avatar


JediMasterSLC
12.03.2012 , 01:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Annihilation is fine... No need to make it viable for rwz's... Be happy we have 2 good specs for rwz's and 3 good specs for normal war zones.
I get your point, but I still wish I could play my (and a lot of other people's) favorite spec at the competitive level.

Scathe's Avatar


Scathe
12.03.2012 , 02:30 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
I pretty much agree with what others have said.. being a DOT class it just isn't as viable, however, there are a few things that would make it at least viable for solo queuing and non rateds, and MAYBE even viable in rateds:

Remove the ability to cleanse the dots. They are vital for the spec, cleansing them completely nullifys it. Or, give them a talent that punishes people for removing the dots, say the cleansing person gets stunned + damaged.

Remove the "build up" on annihilator buff. Annihilation should be baseline 7 second cooldown. The rage cost on it is ridiculously high for the amount of damage it puts out, I don't see how a lower cooldown would hurt anything.

Revert the nerf to annihilation healing. This nerf was almost as unnecessary as the changes to rage.
I agree with this, so much. I actually figured that after the 1.5 patch and the nerf to Annhilate that people would be more angry that Annihilation got the nerf bat swung at it when it wasn't needed instead of Rage. Speaking as a Mara that leveled 10-50 as Annihilation, the healing reduction lowers survivability not only in pvp but in pve as well. Annihilation is, in my opinion, the best spec to level in as a Mara due to it's survivability due to it's self healing.

I also agree with the removing of the build up on Annihilator. It's a 5 rage cost ability that deals our highest amount of damage, and the build up buff isn't really needed at all. Especially since rotations may not allow it to be used multiple times to get 3 stacks. From most of the videos I watched the rotation seems to be Annihilation once, then spam VS until out of rage/target is dead/ravage is up. A flat seven second cooldown wouldn't hurt the ability at all.