Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8man vs 16man NiM EC Discussion

Frankt
11.17.2012 , 03:38 PM | #1
Why such the disparity in these two raids? Yes I understand there is far more 8man guilds attempting NiM EC right now so more guilds have cleared content. There is however some very top notch 16 man guilds putting everything they got into this raid also. The problem is you cannot build a raid around 8man content and then buff it up for 16 man by adding more hp's to boss, make bosses hit harder, and crucial mechanic(IE reticles) spawn that many more. It works sometimes but not every encounter. They have made 8man content to simple and buffed 16man through the roof for NiM EC...its not even remotely close in difficulty.

At this rate bioware is going to kill the few remaining 16man progression guilds off, as there is not really a point in doing the content. We can just break down into two 8man groups and farm the instances.

Also why is the most needed pieces of this tier (chest, mainhand, offhand, pants, gloves, boots) in TFB HM, and (bracers,belt, helm, ear pieces) in NiM EC??? You would think the loot would be reversed considering the difficulty level of NiM EC....or atleast spread out more (IE chest, mainhand, offhand, pants, gloves, boots split between the two instances.)

Discuss...

tahoeWolverine
11.17.2012 , 05:34 PM | #2
Yep 16man is really tough, it would have been great to be able to test it, but whatever. My main complaint, however, is that this patch was released on a Thursday. Of course you can't schedule a patch so it matches everyone's schedule, but I would imagine that having it start on Tuesday would match more guild's timelines than Thursday. I have no doubt that we'll be able to get the remaining kills with our normal raiders, it's just difficult to get people to show up on Friday/Saturday.

It would be great to hear BWs thoughts on this stuff.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

Aerro
11.17.2012 , 05:48 PM | #3
I slightly noticed this in past content but as more content is released I am noticing a major difference in difficulty between 16man and 8 man Operations.

People can argue this until their face is blue, but its apparent 16man is definitely more difficult. There are still great 16man guilds out there but no one has been able to kill the tanks just yet. Granted most have only been able to put a night of attempts in, its still the current 'progression' boss where as in 8man the entire Operation is being cleared.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Jinxblog
11.17.2012 , 10:07 PM | #4
16 man is way harder this round. Our guild practiced Toth and Zorn with 8 people while waiting for 8 more to log on, and it was so easy. Imagine our surprise when we didn't down the bosses in a timely manner once we had a group of 16.

Currently we're chewing on the Tanks and boy is it rough.I am hoping that the loot that drops in the remaining bosses reward 16 man guilds for taking on more challenging content.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

Flying-Brian
11.17.2012 , 10:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
Currently we're chewing on the Tanks and boy is it rough.I am hoping that the loot that drops in the remaining bosses reward 16 man guilds for taking on more challenging content.
Yes you get 4 sets of bracers instead of 2 from the tanks.

Jinxblog
11.17.2012 , 11:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Yes you get 4 sets of bracers instead of 2 from the tanks.
Well yeah, I know the loot is doubled, but I am hoping for something extra for 16 mans. What is to prevent 16 man guilds just breaking up into two groups of 8 mans and getting the same loot with easier mechanics? Besides bragging rights.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

AshlaBoga
11.18.2012 , 12:21 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinxblog View Post
Well yeah, I know the loot is doubled, but I am hoping for something extra for 16 mans. What is to prevent 16 man guilds just breaking up into two groups of 8 mans and getting the same loot with easier mechanics? Besides bragging rights.
I think the chance to get Qyzen's Kephess skin is increased, but I'm not sure.

Mostly it's just bragging rights. Heroic 25 man in WoW has always been the way people keep track of World Firsts. It's pretty much the same for SWTOR,
people will clear 16 man and then start farming 8 man after they've done it once...
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Jinxblog
11.18.2012 , 12:36 AM | #8
deleted double post

Jinxblog
11.18.2012 , 12:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I think the chance to get Qyzen's Kephess skin is increased, but I'm not sure.

Mostly it's just bragging rights. Heroic 25 man in WoW has always been the way people keep track of World Firsts. It's pretty much the same for SWTOR,
people will clear 16 man and then start farming 8 man after they've done it once...

Ah, I've never played WoW so SWTOR is my first raiding experience. I wish that it didn't have to be that way. I think there should be some incentive to do 16 mans regularly.

Dragonbgone
11.18.2012 , 12:44 AM | #10
I'd have to agree, our guild is doing 16 man at the moment. We killed Toth and Zorn 5 different times with different 8 mans (clear it with one set of 8, then rotate in a few) in order to practice it before all 16 logged on.

We spent 1 hour on 8 man Toth and Zorn before we downed them then /stuck on the handler to that we didn't lock ourselves out.

In total it took my 16 man ops group 8 hours to down Toth and Zorn. 16 man seems to be in the right place, it's 8 man that's under-tuned.

Do not want a nerf. Make 8 man harder. It's supposed to be a nightmare!
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic