Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some nice PvP in Section X last night

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Prophecy of the Five
Some nice PvP in Section X last night

Lium
11.17.2012 , 02:25 PM | #1
Imps are really crappy when you catch them 1v1 or with even numbers. That's my take away from the fights. :-)

Wraiven
11.17.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Imps are really crappy when you catch them 1v1 or with even numbers. That's my take away from the fights. :-)
I can't honestly say I ever lost to a pub within a 5 level range 1v1 in open world....ever. In my experience, it's the PuBs who are really crappy.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Commissar_Omega
11.18.2012 , 01:54 AM | #3
This is one of the many reasons that I despise factions, people equating an attribute of a player to which developer created faction they chose at character creation. It's like saying, "I fought this one chiss and they were terrible so all chiss must be terrible". Personally I think things that aren't products of the players themselves are pretty meaningless. I place much more weight and emphasis on the player's guild when making broad generalizations of groups. I don't get how people can begin to feel pride in the developer created box they threw themselves into and feel contempt for the other one.

But that's just a pvp'rs perspective, I would like to see factions eliminated in place of guild warfare. That won't happen in this game because a major selling point here is being able to roleplay sith lord #26216751 and purge the galaxy of "republic scum" while speaking in a pseudo-british accent.
Komissar Omega
Pot5 - 50 Sith Sorcerer
Pkers

mulzii
11.18.2012 , 11:37 AM | #4
I wish they let us kill the same faction in these zones. Gotta hate those idiots that steal my quest resources, and i have to stand there weith a thuimb up my butt watching them do it. Let me kill these idiots! I am not prejudice, i want to kill everyone..

Scotland
11.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #5
I killed all the republics in section x last night, 1 scrub at a time.
Alb Anaigh
Alb - AlbaGuBra - Alb - Albag
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

Scotland
11.18.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Commissar_Omega View Post
This is one of the many reasons that I despise factions, people equating an attribute of a player to which developer created faction they chose at character creation. It's like saying, "I fought this one chiss and they were terrible so all chiss must be terrible". Personally I think things that aren't products of the players themselves are pretty meaningless. I place much more weight and emphasis on the player's guild when making broad generalizations of groups. I don't get how people can begin to feel pride in the developer created box they threw themselves into and feel contempt for the other one.

But that's just a pvp'rs perspective, I would like to see factions eliminated in place of guild warfare. That won't happen in this game because a major selling point here is being able to roleplay sith lord #26216751 and purge the galaxy of "republic scum" while speaking in a pseudo-british accent.
Thats not a British accent. It's an English accent. I sound nothing like those fgts
Alb Anaigh
Alb - AlbaGuBra - Alb - Albag
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

amnie
11.18.2012 , 05:17 PM | #7
bad reps are in warzones. bad imps are 'camping' the rep heroic area in pve gear.

(no really, a heal-specced scoundrel should not be able to kill a marauder with their companion out...)

Jmenks
11.18.2012 , 05:39 PM | #8
I'm going to go to section X, mind maze everyone doing their quests, dance, then do it all over again.
Xekshek
Saber of Exar Kun
http://www.twitch.tv/xekshek

Lium
11.19.2012 , 02:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Commissar_Omega View Post

It wasn't just one or two imps I encountered. It was several of them. They all camped the instance entrance in large numbers and waited for any rep to run by, then zerg.

However, when I waited and caught them as they straggled away from the group, I killed them pretty quickly. It was honestly like picking them off one by one. I did get owned by a couple of them, but the majority went down super fast.

Master_Nate
11.19.2012 , 02:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
It wasn't just one or two imps I encountered. It was several of them. They all camped the instance entrance in large numbers and waited for any rep to run by, then zerg.

However, when I waited and caught them as they straggled away from the group, I killed them pretty quickly. It was honestly like picking them off one by one. I did get owned by a couple of them, but the majority went down super fast.
/cookie
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five