Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Installation hung at Game Client 73 (81%)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Installation hung at Game Client 73 (81%)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vereg
11.17.2012 , 07:48 AM | #1
As topic, tried to update to 1.5 but was unsuccessful (installation kept hanging on one of the game assets) so i re-installed the client from scratch, and am now stuck at game client 73 (81%) and have been for most of the afternoon.

As stated above, this is a fresh install, the patch process has already failed and frustrated me.
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ(●)Corvus[◉]Ξ█|{████████████████████)

Beruthien
11.17.2012 , 07:54 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Vereg,

Please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the setup over the current installation. After this please remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, delete the following files in the client installtion folder and sub-folders:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then run the Fixlauncher.exe found in the client installation folder.

Once this has completed, please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and let it patch.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Vereg
11.17.2012 , 11:42 AM | #3
Well that got me past the previous hang, but now i'm stuck at installing English assets 92 (60%).
Hate to say it, but I've spent two days trying to update to 1.5, i'm willing to give it one more shot, then i'm going to something else. It isn't my connection (all firewall exceptions are up to date) and my drive checks as clean with no bad sectors.
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ(●)Corvus[◉]Ξ█|{████████████████████)