Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

StoskStreen
01.02.2013 , 02:26 PM | #71
Hey Darthnish and fellow carnage maras,

I was curious to ask what you all think about the Elite war hero gear. Most of it is absolutely terrible - it adds to crit and surge, and completely misses power - which brings me to the main point. My guildies just told me it's been confirmed that power will have DR in the future. With that said, I'm not sure what the curve will look like, but this can only mean really NASTY things for our damage potential and stat priority.

If this is the case, and crit is a new friend, what does this mean for carnage? More crit could potentially mean better damage output, say, when we go berzerk with massacre. But a lot of our damage came from scream, which will surely take a hit from DR on our power - maybe not much, but it will certainly hurt.

What do you all think? Right now I'm not even paying attention to elite war hero, because the gear, quite frankly, sucks major balls. It's not that big of an improvement at all - and even a downgrade if you consider there's no better power augs than the ones we currently are using.

darthnish
01.04.2013 , 04:19 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by StoskStreen View Post
Hey Darthnish and fellow carnage maras,

I was curious to ask what you all think about the Elite war hero gear. Most of it is absolutely terrible - it adds to crit and surge, and completely misses power - which brings me to the main point. My guildies just told me it's been confirmed that power will have DR in the future. With that said, I'm not sure what the curve will look like, but this can only mean really NASTY things for our damage potential and stat priority.

If this is the case, and crit is a new friend, what does this mean for carnage? More crit could potentially mean better damage output, say, when we go berzerk with massacre. But a lot of our damage came from scream, which will surely take a hit from DR on our power - maybe not much, but it will certainly hurt.

What do you all think? Right now I'm not even paying attention to elite war hero, because the gear, quite frankly, sucks major balls. It's not that big of an improvement at all - and even a downgrade if you consider there's no better power augs than the ones we currently are using.
im sitting at 30% crit buffed mainly cause massacre crits with gore up hit like a sonofa*****.

darthnish
01.16.2013 , 01:46 AM | #73
YES, finally re subed again, took a while to apply for a new credit card, im back ! , and frapsing some gaems tonight aww yeah

Sylvatica
01.16.2013 , 11:05 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
YES, finally re subed again, took a while to apply for a new credit card, im back ! , and frapsing some gaems tonight aww yeah
allright, looking forward to
Chuundar PVP EU
Fus Ro Dah =

jiiiii
01.21.2013 , 11:06 AM | #75
Any Gear guide available?

Darslk
01.22.2013 , 11:37 AM | #76
Is accuracy really that important? Noxxic recommends getting full Cloak of Carnage over Narrowed Hatred, what are your thoughts on this?

darthnish
01.23.2013 , 04:43 AM | #77
gear wise: i favor power, my crit is at 30% buffed and rest in power, i dont bother with accuracy cause ataru form + accuracy buffs in tree.

also build wise : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhrrRRrrdGzZM.2

In my personal opinion, i think cloak of carnage is a waste of points, some people say its good for rage management, but i dont see it and i have no problems managing my rage without it, so in my opinion id say no dont get it, get the accuracy bonus so you can free up mod slots for more power.

darthnish
01.25.2013 , 01:58 AM | #78
part 5 is done and rendering, expect it online in a few hrs ! thanks for your patience guys \o/

darthnish
01.26.2013 , 12:15 AM | #79
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAypb...ature=youtu.be part 5 is up , focusing on rotations and UI /keybinds

TrueNovaZero
01.27.2013 , 06:10 PM | #80
Dude you need to play more on your marauder with us. You've been out of it for too long.

It's been happening during the last month, but... Rhymes-with-Storkgift members get FF'd like a beach by Yawns.

*cough*

3 Assault Vanguards on you at all times? Yup-yuuuuup. Camo out? 3 stealth scans! DODGE 'EM ALL! Break away? NOPE! Someone always has a Harpoon ready.

If your ping was permitting, you might have fun.