Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

Sappharan
11.28.2012 , 11:04 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
cheers bro !

indeed you must, very underrated spec, i want to see more marauders running this purely cause my alts love the predation xD

Also update, Part 3 is in the works and slated to be finished by Friday ^^
Really looking forward to this. I do not have a youtube account, but I will try to remember to create one so I can give you props there too.

darthnish
11.28.2012 , 11:13 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Really looking forward to this. I do not have a youtube account, but I will try to remember to create one so I can give you props there too.
your wish is my command!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8f3DdVClww part 3 <3

i finished this earlier than expected cause my mate who plays vanguard well isnt resubbing till Christmas ]: so i thought id just put out what i had already instead of waiting for him

Sappharan
11.28.2012 , 11:56 PM | #33
Darthnish, I enjoyed watching that. Thank you. I have found myself doing a lot of what you suggested in the earlier part of video 3. I tend to hang around the fringes and move in when I sense a kill. Mobility seems to be the spec's strength--something I was not practicing with Watchman/Annihilation.

I have been trying to burst the sorcerer bubble at range. It is getting easier. Best advice for me to date.

Great video. I will create an account and subscribe by Sunday.

Thank you.

darthnish
11.29.2012 , 07:59 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
Darthnish, I enjoyed watching that. Thank you. I have found myself doing a lot of what you suggested in the earlier part of video 3. I tend to hang around the fringes and move in when I sense a kill. Mobility seems to be the spec's strength--something I was not practicing with Watchman/Annihilation.

I have been trying to burst the sorcerer bubble at range. It is getting easier. Best advice for me to date.

Great video. I will create an account and subscribe by Sunday.

Thank you.
you flatter me good sir! thank you for your support ^^

darthnish
11.29.2012 , 10:15 PM | #35
btw next episode will feature tank sins but i am also taking any requests you guys have ! let me know soon so ican plan my script ^^

StoskStreen
11.30.2012 , 02:13 AM | #36
in the vids you mention you use power augs, but your build looks like you use might. I'm currently struggling with pvp as a carnage mara with bm/wh gear - mostly bm. I really think carnage spec is amazing, but I think it only gets amazing when MOST of the gear you have is wh quality or so.

I have used this build almost religiously so far: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-527b62574fe8

I don't think this guy plays any more, but he was absolutely amazing. He popped 6k crits like it was nbd.

Oh and one last question. With ranked coms as hard as they are to get when pvping a carnage mara without a group, how do you suggest I purchase my mods. I need vindicator bonus set, but most of the vind. gear is worthless - i need mods that boost power, not crit/surg.

darthnish
12.01.2012 , 03:20 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by StoskStreen View Post
in the vids you mention you use power augs, but your build looks like you use might. I'm currently struggling with pvp as a carnage mara with bm/wh gear - mostly bm. I really think carnage spec is amazing, but I think it only gets amazing when MOST of the gear you have is wh quality or so.

I have used this build almost religiously so far: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-527b62574fe8

I don't think this guy plays any more, but he was absolutely amazing. He popped 6k crits like it was nbd.

Oh and one last question. With ranked coms as hard as they are to get when pvping a carnage mara without a group, how do you suggest I purchase my mods. I need vindicator bonus set, but most of the vind. gear is worthless - i need mods that boost power, not crit/surg.
hi , ive always said str augs> power agus, if i mislead you in any way i apologize as for gear i would HIGHLY reccomend waiting till 1.6 for the cheapear WH gear and min max from there, i belive the WH weapon master top and boots hadsome good power mods and enchantments if you wanna farm those ^^

StoskStreen
12.02.2012 , 01:46 PM | #38
They're making WH gear cheaper in 1.6? Is this confirmed? thanks in advance

vengefuler
12.02.2012 , 06:20 PM | #39
is massacre replaces vicious slash?

Hatori_Hanzo
12.03.2012 , 08:37 AM | #40
Hello Nish,

Thank you for the excellent video series. I watched Video #1 a few weeks ago but now when I re-watch I hear only music and no commentary. Is it just on my side or anyone else have this same issue?

Also, is there every a time to use viscious slash? I don't even have it on my bar, since it costs rage I don't use it, I use the 'freebie' filler move, can't think of the name atm.
"Do it!":Chancellor Palpatine