Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

client_settings.ini file missing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
client_settings.ini file missing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wrayven
11.17.2012 , 12:04 AM | #1
I have followed all the steps that have been recommended on this site and for some reason I cannot find the SWTOR file in the \Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ folder if might download somewhere else or if I can get the proper instructions to create the file that would be very helpful.

Beesodd
11.17.2012 , 12:11 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Wrayven. If you are on Vista/7 open the search box(Windows Key and R) and enter the following: %localappdata%/swtor/swtor

This should get you where you need to go.

You need to unhide files if you're trying to click through as normal, and we want to avoid needing to do that if possible.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Wrayven
11.17.2012 , 01:07 AM | #3
It says windows cannot find the folder

Beesodd
11.17.2012 , 01:16 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
What OS are you using? Note that this file will be created in you main windows drive, even if the game is installed on a different one. It might help to download and run a copy of the setup file and run it over your existing install, this should create a fresh settings folder(which is where you find client_settings).

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Wrayven
11.17.2012 , 01:21 AM | #5
I am using windows 7 and it still didn't work.

Wrayven
11.17.2012 , 12:49 PM | #6
Any other suggestions?

Marls
01.12.2013 , 11:50 AM | #7
I was kind of hoping that there was a finalized answer to fix this issue. I have already run the re-install over my existing game and it hasn't put the file back. I'm hoping someone can make another suggestion.

Vithorin
02.21.2013 , 08:08 AM | #8
I am having the same problem and not a thing is working and im geting a tad bit mad:rak

OwenBrooks
02.21.2013 , 08:27 AM | #9
1. Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

2. Click the View tab.

3. Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

The client_settings file does not exist until the game has launched if this file does not exist previously or has been deleted.