Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proposition 505 - Lessen the Restrictions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Proposition 505 - Lessen the Restrictions

Nathan_Lexington
11.16.2012 , 05:50 PM | #1
I would like everyone to post their agreement that Bioware should lessen their iron-hard grip on the game's core systems and reserve the micro transactions to things more meaningful, and not to every single solitary thing they can limit us on. As said in another post, this is not a free to play, this is simply an extended demo or trial period. I have only seen one other game that is worse with micro transactions than this game, which is MechWarrior by the way (you literally cannot do anything, not even level up without paying with cash except use the trail mechs, and yet they call it a F2P). Micro transactions were meant for the extras of a game, not the very fundamentals of it's functionality.

So please make you post and let Bioware now their grip is way too tight. Please restrict yourself to one post so Bioware knows how many people are in agreement or disagreement to this.

I can handle a pay to win, but not a pay to play disguised as a F2P.

eGraced
11.16.2012 , 05:58 PM | #2
Am I allowed to post if I disagree with this? Oh, wait... I did...

I think the F2P rules in this game are fair. It gives you a chance to play the game to 50, try out almost everything, and see if it is a game you'd like to play. If it is, then you are encouraged by the restrictions to pay for the game. If you don't think the game is worth paying for, don't pay, and play with the restrictions. I don't really see the downside. It actually reminds me of the old "shareware" game trials from the DOS days.
A witty saying proves nothing.
Voltaire

chuixupu
11.16.2012 , 05:59 PM | #3
It is a little too tight. Just a little.

Problem is, even if they did loosen up a few things, then you'd have people who already paid for some unlocks angry, unless they refund everyone.

Among things I'd suggest: Give another quickbar, raise credit cap a bit, allow players to show titles and Legacy. and hide head slot. At least for Preferred players!
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

AboB
11.16.2012 , 06:00 PM | #4
I'll think about it.
The whole F2P thing is pretty.....meh to me.
Seems like a lot of people are overreacting.

SWGEvictee
11.16.2012 , 06:00 PM | #5
I disagree with the OP.

NerdyIO
11.16.2012 , 06:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by eGraced View Post
Am I allowed to post if I disagree with this? Oh, wait... I did...

I think the F2P rules in this game are fair. It gives you a chance to play the game to 50, try out almost everything, and see if it is a game you'd like to play. If it is, then you are encouraged by the restrictions to pay for the game. If you don't think the game is worth paying for, don't pay, and play with the restrictions. I don't really see the downside.
Are we allowed to post in the first place? Oh wait, we did.
It gives a chance to play, but who wants to play a crippled game where even basic functions are restricted?
If you think that game is worth paying for it, than pay. I don't really see how it concerns you how others want to pay.
Talk fast, life's short

AnHero
11.16.2012 , 06:04 PM | #7
i agree with OP. At least allowing free players to wear purple gear would be a fantastic start.... that and receive and use quest rewards...

Sifka
11.16.2012 , 06:08 PM | #8
I could not disagree more.

You get to play the story for free, be thankful for that. Consider the ftp as a trial, and buy the game if you like it.
Yazra

NerdyIO
11.16.2012 , 06:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sifka View Post
I could not disagree more.

You get to play the story for free, be thankful for that. Consider the ftp as a trial, and buy the game if you like it.
Thankful for what? For not being able using half of my stuff? For hitting a wall every time i want to do something?

I bought a game already. So did many people here. Play the game if you like it? Why are you concerned about our comments?

It's not even free trial. You're allowed for full access in free trials. This is free to look.
Talk fast, life's short

AboB
11.16.2012 , 06:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by NerdyIO View Post
Thankful for what? For not being able using half of my stuff? For hitting a wall every time i want to do something?

I bought a game already. So did many people here. Play the game if you like it? Why are you concerned about our comments?

It's not even free trial. You're allowed for full access in free trials. This is free to look.
Sounds like you've already tried the game, like a lot of the benefits and/or gameplay, but can't justify spending money on a genre of game that directly links spending money and continued development. Either that, or you've had a bad day and could use a nap. The "free trial" doesn't apply to you anymore. You have all of the information needed to make an informed decision, and BW awaits anxiously for your response. EA couldn't care less.