Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lucasfilm to make 2-3 Movies a Year!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Lucasfilm to make 2-3 Movies a Year!

Beniboybling
11.17.2012 , 02:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
called it weeks ago

They are doing the Marvel films plan where they have the Avengers (Episdoe 7 for star wars) and then the off shoot movies of what the main characters are doing in between the movies ie Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and so on except these will star the new main characters of Episode 7 and beyond.

It would be like if in between A New Hope and Empire we got 3 movies one following Luke, one following Han and one following Vader.
Is this confirmed, or are you hazarding a guess? If so I think this would be a good approach, it would be nice to look at the background of characters not through comics or novels but movies. I'd love to see one about Yoda and Han/Chewbacca.

jarjarloves
11.17.2012 , 04:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Is this confirmed, or are you hazarding a guess? If so I think this would be a good approach, it would be nice to look at the background of characters not through comics or novels but movies. I'd love to see one about Yoda and Han/Chewbacca.
it's not a guess and it hasn't been confirmed. It's a prediction looking at what they have done with marvel and why they are buying Lucas Arts in the first place. They are building a Trans media empire on the scale we have never seen before.

-Silver-
11.17.2012 , 04:53 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I've given this some thought, and I think the extra movies could be a good thing for star wars. Remember what they did with Marvel? They had the main film, The Avengers, and then the other films which focused on specific characters.
Hey, good points. I love your optimism

Fingers crossed it pans out this way, but they aren't releasing 2-3 Marvel films a year. I think that's the part that worries me. 1 film a year would make me feel more positive about it. But time will tell, and you're right about their track record with Marvel

-Silver-
11.17.2012 , 04:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
it's not a guess and it hasn't been confirmed. It's a prediction looking at what they have done with marvel and why they are buying Lucas Arts in the first place. They are building a Trans media empire on the scale we have never seen before.
That's called a guess

A well informed guess (and I think you might be right), but a guess all the same

jarjarloves
11.17.2012 , 05:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by -Silver- View Post
That's called a guess

A well informed guess (and I think you might be right), but a guess all the same
i'd go with Hypothesis