Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Useless on below 50 characters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
HK-51 Useless on below 50 characters

Yswr
11.19.2012 , 08:23 AM | #11
Yeah I thought it'd be like any other custome gear and the item would change to the level of the armouring/Barrel you put in but droid pieces stay at the level they are it seems.
Yswr---Rwsy

Prettyevilish
11.19.2012 , 08:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Yswr View Post
Yeah I thought it'd be like any other custome gear and the item would change to the level of the armouring/Barrel you put in but droid pieces stay at the level they are it seems.
Actually gear that is level 44 (for example) will remain level 44 even if you put low level mods in it. Found this out the hard way as my jedi friend wanted trooper gear and I just happened to have some oranges he liked laying around. Sent them to him and he removed all the mods since they were about 20 levels too high for him (and for troopers) and put in new ones. Couldn't put on the gear as it still said it was for level 44 only.

Exiled-Phoenix
11.19.2012 , 03:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkhorseForLife View Post
If you have the money to buy the HK perk to unlock him on a lowbie, then chances are pretty good you have the money to re-gear him appropriately.
Some people might have spent their legacy coins on this you know, like i did.
Made a thread about it last night.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=557926
No proper customer support reply so far, also made a ticket with no luck.

Lets hope this is a bug that gets fixed quickly because he is completely useless if you don't have droid gear for your lvl...
The Red Eclipse
VahxFrost'BiteSíon TéxCoriena
Vai'xSpike Decepta Brotu

Evgen
11.19.2012 , 07:31 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Simil View Post
You must have missed it. HK-51's gear is supposed to scale and was a feature up until a couple weeks ago. Apparently it is a known issue and is to be resolved. Hopefully sooner than later, the legacy unlock isn't worth the price otherwise.
Getting an extra companion from level 1 that is good at all crew skills?
So useless means don't have the right level gear? Half of my companions are "useless then" I'd consider having a full set of level 50 gear waiting a bonus. Non of my 50s companions do yet.

But thanks to this th missing phase of my plan is now obvious . . . it was:

1: Take Cybertech crafting skill
2: Create and stockpile massive amounts of droid parts
3: ????
4: Profit

Thanks Bioware for providing 3 for me
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy