Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slap in the face from Bioware

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Slap in the face from Bioware

TheLordMagnus
11.18.2012 , 10:01 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterKevinl View Post
This fanbase will complain about anything.

Please, just be quiet. I can't handle listening to all this ************. Be grateful that you got it in the first place, this is dumber then listening to people QQ about Jedi being able to be playable at level 1 in SWG.
thats a very stupid response when people spent months collecting holocrons to learn how to become a jedi only to have their hard work spat on buy devs that wanted newer players to have it all bad response on your part how would you like if someone could juts buy there way to say lvl 100 in the game in 5 seconds after you spent 1 year getting there if you dont have a problem with that something is wrong

the boots meh their cosmetic get over it thats what a cash shop is for
but you sir are wrong about your statement
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

Scovina
11.18.2012 , 12:14 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLordMagnus View Post
thats a very stupid response when people spent months collecting holocrons to learn how to become a jedi only to have their hard work spat on buy devs that wanted newer players to have it all bad response on your part how would you like if someone could juts buy there way to say lvl 100 in the game in 5 seconds after you spent 1 year getting there if you dont have a problem with that something is wrong

the boots meh their cosmetic get over it thats what a cash shop is for
but you sir are wrong about your statement
If they wanted to pay a ton of cash and they would have to then so be it let them spend the money. It is a win/win because now EA has more profit which will justify more content. The argument isn't valid anyway because by that statement if I get to the max level in one month the traditional way vs you taking a year it trivializes what it took you to accomplish that. No it does not in any way, shape or form. You made the accomplishment take longer because of whatever the reason ,not that it matters, it took you that long.

Not everyone is having the exact same experience you are. I may have more mounts or less mounts. I may have more datacrons or less datacrons. The list goes on and on. It is an evolving world where no two players will do exactly the same thing in the same manner!

Osryri
11.19.2012 , 05:51 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
This is how I feel because if you did buy them for the accomplishment of doing it you need no other gratification than doing it for itself.
Should have realized the price was ridiculous in the first place and not thrown creds into a money sink.

Scovina
11.19.2012 , 08:21 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
Should have realized the price was ridiculous in the first place and not thrown creds into a money sink.
Kind of the whole point of a credit sink though isn't it. Besides what the hell are people going to do get buried with their credits? I for one always have a little buyers remorse when spending so much currency on something but it goes away as within a week I've spent another million on another toy.

MarkoJinn
11.19.2012 , 08:30 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Brick View Post
We loyal subscribers get rewarded via "free" cartel coins for every month we sub. So, in a way they're basically giving us everything that can be purchased on with cartel coins for nothing more than being a loyal subscriber. Granted, it will take time to be able to purchase everything for all twelve characters, but it's from doing nothing more than we have already loyally been doing for a year now.

As for those who are irked over things they had to grind for now being almost handed out, it happens in just about every MMO out there. Does it suck, yes, but it's just the way that it is. Eventually some of those things we grinded countless hours to obtain will become completely obsolete in the game... it happens.
For 500 coins a month I can't even buy 1 of those orange yellow crystals. Actually it takes 2 months to buy 1 crystal. Everything I said would happen is actually happening much faster. The value of cartel coins is so low that you're basically a sucker if you are subscribed since for your subscription you get nothing!!!

I actually plan on sitting down and doing some math to see if being subscribed even pays off in the long run. I think it's better to play for free and every so often spend some money when you need an extra character slot or the ability to use purple gear.
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

Sindorin
11.19.2012 , 09:02 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterKevinl View Post
This fanbase will complain about anything.

Please, just be quiet. I can't handle listening to all this ************. Be grateful that you got it in the first place, this is dumber then listening to people QQ about Jedi being able to be playable at level 1 in SWG.
Totally agreed. Blah blah blah refund blah blah.

Andge
11.19.2012 , 09:22 AM | #37
I agree with OP.

Sure, in an MMO things change (and I guess legacy perks make sense to have in the Cartel Shop).

But there is no reason there shouldn't be some kind of justice in those changes.

But in BW's defence, I guess the Cartel Coins players get for past subscribed months is BW's attempt to compliment us for the things we spent time achieving which can now be achieved in a second.

Radzkie
11.19.2012 , 06:15 PM | #38
All these "It's fake money get over it" answers aren't necessary. That doesn't change the fact that it was a slap in the face. We wasted a **** ton of credits that took a **** ton of time to get on something that could of been bought for 5$ if not for free from the CC we receive monthly as subs.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that more people will be able to enjoy the boots, and I know those of us who already got them wont be compensated. But sometimes it's nice to let out some steam after getting gipped like this.

denpic
11.19.2012 , 06:22 PM | #39
If it cost 5usd then that's a decent trade off I mean credits aren't real and if you were to put a monetary value on it you would get a lot of credits for 5bucks Because they are so easy to come by in the game

Mmos change that's the nature of them you
Spend months grinding top tier gear only for it to become obsolete at the next expansion
Fortunately with swtor gear if you like the look of a certain item or set you can keep them and upgrade the components
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

Scovina
11.19.2012 , 07:05 PM | #40
I think the problem that subscribers are not realizing here is this is not a slap to your face. The devs are trying to make it so the game is more accessible! Isn't this what we all want? We need more players to breathe life into this game and I appreciate the low prices on items in the shop. The monthly coin stipend is something they didn't even have to give to us but they do as a little thank you. At a minimum you are getting $5 dollars back for your subscription in CC! If you don't feel it is worth it then stop your subscription and see just how much you will spend when you want to jump into as many FP's and WZ's as you please. Not to mention the gear you will no longer be able to wear, cargo space etc. If you have already unlocked a great many things and you just want to play the story then no having a subscription may be for you. I for one applaud this move and know it has really bolstered my server for one. I made a new character the other day and had 5 instances of Korriban. Even during peak times you would be lucky to see 2 instances.