Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the patch 1.4 Crossfire performance issues still being worked on?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Are the patch 1.4 Crossfire performance issues still being worked on?

Yodawizard
02.01.2013 , 10:08 AM | #81
Can we please get an answer to this before we lose more subs?

Ravanofdarkness
02.01.2013 , 01:05 PM | #82
Personally, i would like to see BioWare improve the performance of the Game some more but as it is right now i'm getting around 38-60FPS on most Planets and on the Republic Fleet its around 25-38FPS with all my Settings set to High including Shadows using an ATI Radeon HD6570 DDR3 2048MB GPU. Planning on Upgrading it soon though to either an ATI Radeon HD7750 or maybe the HD8750 when they release it in March since the Performance on the 7750 is twice that of my current card so it should be constant 60FPS.

jediturbodude
02.02.2013 , 01:42 PM | #83
BUMP, keep this #1 issue visible so we can be ignored some more

jediturbodude
02.02.2013 , 03:58 PM | #84
Talk to us, we are tired of this here

Yodawizard
02.13.2013 , 05:20 AM | #85
Please, Bioware, please! Just do a search for crossfire or SLI on your forums and you will see since 1.4 we are having major issues. CAN YOU PLEASE ADDRESS THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! How many times do we have to ask / FOR HOW MANY MONTHS!? This is getting beyond frustrating, you have DXDiags from working and non-working machines in SLI configurations can you please work on this? Did I say please? JUST ADDRESS US!!!!!

jediturbodude
02.13.2013 , 05:26 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post
Please, Bioware, please! Just do a search for crossfire or SLI on your forums and you will see since 1.4 we are having major issues. CAN YOU PLEASE ADDRESS THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! How many times do we have to ask / FOR HOW MANY MONTHS!? This is getting beyond frustrating, you have DXDiags from working and non-working machines in SLI configurations can you please work on this? Did I say please? JUST ADDRESS US!!!!!
I know the feeling mate, but according to some on here it's only you and me having the problem of course

Yodawizard
02.13.2013 , 05:30 AM | #87
Lets say best case scenario we are the only 2 on the forums with the issue (know that is not the case, have talked to many others) then just think of how many people have the issue and just haven't taken the time to post or just unsubbed etc.

jediturbodude
02.13.2013 , 05:33 AM | #88
Oh I know, in my newest thread on the issue I've said I'm point blank going to show this problem and Biowares' lack of response in a Youtube video. Enough is enough, soon we will have been ignored and fobbed off for a year. Things were fine before patching, therefore it wasn't us, it's only logical if nothing else changed

CouchOrnament
03.14.2013 , 10:18 AM | #89
Hey guys, I've just recently come back to SWTOR (Subbed no less) and ran into these horrible condition on dual 7950. When I stopped playing back last summer it ran flawlessly on my 6850 x2 eyefinity setup. So after scouring the web I was unable to find anything and was only get 30fps (at best) in most places with terrible hitching every 10 seconds or so. So I dusted off an old tool I haven't used in a bit, RadeonPro, and am now getting upwards of 70fps with no hitching or noticeable microstutter.

I set up the actual executable in the profile, with the launcher exe under the "Launcher" tab.

Under Visuals I set Tessellation Control to 4x

Under Tweaks I set Display refresh rate to 75hz, Crossfire Tweaks to AFR-Friendly D3D then moved the slider to Alternate Frame Rendering. Then I set Force Process High Priority.

You can tweak it more, (please post results) but this is my base settings that have seen a significant increase in framerate and playability for me. Now, some of these setting may not have made a damn difference. But that is what has worked for me. Good Luck.

abhaxus
06.08.2013 , 12:35 PM | #90
Just wanted to chime in and necro this thread. I recently got a second GTX 480 super cheap and set up SLI. I have the same issues with nameplates, where if scaling is enabled, I drop to worse than single GPU basically. If I turn off scaling I am able to run 32x CSAA and 8x sparse grid at 30+ fps even in the fleet. Specs:

FX8320 @ 4.55ghz (233 fsb)
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
8GB DDR3-1866
2x GTX480 @ 815/2000
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
Running at 1920*1080
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Op-haxus - op heals | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando