Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are the patch 1.4 Crossfire performance issues still being worked on?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Are the patch 1.4 Crossfire performance issues still being worked on?

KPureblade
11.16.2012 , 11:52 AM | #1
Hey there,

Since patch 1.4 I have been having issues with poor performance in game when running Crossfire. There were a few fixes that came out that helped but I'm still having a ton of problems. I have a really decent rig and I want to be able to turn everything up but can't due to performance issues. I currently have Shadows turned off (I want to use the new and improved shadows!!) and nameplates scaling with distance off (game is unplayable with that feature on). Even with these features off, I have the following issues:

1. Whenever a new nameplate pops up on my screen, a split second of lag occurs. This becomes problematic when running into several mobs/players as it lags per nameplate.
2. Whenever a text message appears on screen (red or yellow text with mission updates and warnings), it lags for a second or two.
3. When I first start playing the game, the first time I use several abilities, it will freeze for a second or two. Once they have been performed once I think it "buffers" them and runs fine.
4. Here's the big one: If I zone or alt+tab, all of the above reset and will happen again.. it appears that I lose the "buffer" whenever the game is minimized.

I really hope this is still being worked on because it is a huge deal for me! Thanks!

Dxdiag:
Spoiler

MotoXXXSWTOR
11.16.2012 , 03:24 PM | #2
I am in the same boat, I have a Asus Extreme mobo with a intel I7 2600k overclocked to 4.4ghz, 16 GB Gskill ripjaws, GTX 680 SOC x2 in SLI and intel 520 series SSD's in Raid 0. If i enable SLI i get 5 to 10 FPS however when its off i get 60 FPS with shadows off and graphics set to medium or low? this makes no sense. and before you ask my ping is 5ms and my download speed is 100mbts a sec upload 5mbts per second Charter. this is ridiculous i can run any game made in the highest settings but i cant play SWTOR past medium?

Witchdoctor
11.18.2012 , 03:04 AM | #3
I came back about a week ago and have spent the last few days stuffing around with drivers trying to fix this. Little did I know it was SWTOR causing the micro stutters due to crossfire and not my end.

I tried 12.6, 12.8 and 12.10 drivers with and without cap updates (not that they should really matter in the later versions) and it is the same issue. The game is unplayable with crossfire on, it doesn't matter what res or graphics setting the game is on it still lags up because of the nameplates.

It would be nice for it to be fixed because those of us running hire then normal RES kinda need the extra FPS from a second card :P

Khelle
11.28.2012 , 07:50 AM | #4
Same issue with my dual 5870s. Turning off nameplate scaling is not a solution. This is cutting my performance in half. Is a fix in the works?
Take it...and go.

ArrrrMatey
11.28.2012 , 07:55 AM | #5
FIX CROSSFIRE

I can only assume bioware has decided that few enough people use crossfire, that it isn't worth their time.This is very disappointing.

KPureblade
11.30.2012 , 10:32 AM | #6
Well, someone removed all of my posts that said "Bump", so someone at least read the thread. o.o

Rogoo
11.30.2012 , 10:52 AM | #7
This is the response I got from CS after THREE WEEKS (lol).

"Thank you for your email regarding Crossfire, at present we are still experiencing some compatibility issues with Crossfire through Star Wars: The Old Republic. Utilizing Cross Fire can result in increased lag and GPU core temperature. We will update when Crossfire compatibility has been added to the game client completely. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue is causing.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Regards,

Gary
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service"

Biofail business as usual.

I surely hope the client optmization guy that posted before 1.4 went live and even boasted about the "improved Crossfire performance with the new shadow optimization patch" no longer works at Bioware and it is the only reason the problem is still not fixed.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Rogoo
11.30.2012 , 10:16 PM | #8
Bump for justice.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.

Rogoo
12.02.2012 , 03:13 PM | #9
Wassup ?

Drisin
12.02.2012 , 05:03 PM | #10
I recently just came back to the game not long ago and man is the lag horrible because of this. When I left in April I ran the game really well. Now, on the fleet and in warzones it is terrible. Are you guys just turning off your crossfire for now until they fix this? I bought 2 video cards for a reason and it seems really lame that I would have to do this because BW can't get their act together.