Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There is currrently no active subscription on this account error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
There is currrently no active subscription on this account error
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kingyue
11.16.2012 , 11:40 AM | #1
After I bought the 30 day subscription. I get that error (the one in the title) when I start up the Old Republic launcher. And it says I have the 30 day subscription on my account page. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be nice.
\ sith or jedi

Beruthien
11.16.2012 , 11:46 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings kingyue,

The best thing to do in this situation would be to contact our phone support. Our agents will able to help you with this issue.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Derpilicious
11.16.2012 , 03:26 PM | #3
I've been waiting for 50 minutes for service and have looked up every piece of advice. I don't know what's going on either.

Achimrst
11.16.2012 , 04:12 PM | #4
Still they haven't fixed this....I thought re subbing would be a good idea and then this happens....What a waste of money.

Lowerydro
11.16.2012 , 04:36 PM | #5
Same problem. Phone support has a 2+ hour hold time.

This needs to be resolved using forum accounts or tickets since it is obviously a problem on the account side and there is nothing the customer can do about it (other than subscribe, which seems awfully convenient for EA since they can prevent someone from playing a free game unless they pay).

Achimrst
11.16.2012 , 04:42 PM | #6
I did subscribe, for two months yesterday. This is what happened BECAUSE I subscribed.

Packetdancer
11.16.2012 , 04:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowerydro View Post
Same problem. Phone support has a 2+ hour hold time.
If you're in the US, seriously, consider using a virtual queue service like LucyPhone or something similar. (Basically, you call the support line through that service, then hang up when you're put on hold, and get a call back when it takes you off hold.)

Ideally BioWare should set up something like that themselves, similar to how Comcast has the "our system will call you back when your turn comes up in the queue" functionality on their support lines. (Honestly, every phone support bank should really have a function like that, to spare customers' sanity.) But in the meantime, there are third-party services that can do that for you.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the forum CS staff don't have access to the account management tools the phone CS staff do. So the forum yellow-posters probably can't fix things for you, no matter how much they might like to.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

RunningWolfPro
11.17.2012 , 03:06 PM | #8
I am also getting this error.

I created my account in 2011 but never got to play. I just now bought a redemption code and bought 60 days worth of gameplay, all for it to not work? I have all 5 security questions and a mobile authenticator.

They even sent me cartel coins and a thank you for being a subscriber email. xD

UndyingImhotep
11.17.2012 , 03:10 PM | #9
Same here....bought the 60 day non-recurring sub and can't log into the game now. I did get the e-mail for the Cartel Coins (haven't checked if they're there or not).
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Chabunk
11.17.2012 , 03:26 PM | #10
I have the same error, this is ridiculous. I've already cancelled my subscribtion again. I wanted to spend the last bit of th evening playing, and now I cant.FFS!