Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New dread guard proc relic vs warhero relic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
New dread guard proc relic vs warhero relic

deadandburied
11.28.2012 , 08:50 AM | #31
Oh sorry Gyro i read that wrong. 10.3% from crit rating, thanks. At least you know which relic to get now dude.

Did another parse of the DG Internal relic. My tech crit was at 45%, range crit 41% and it was critting at 44.23%. http://www.torparse.com/a/59112 Getting some fairly consistent results here.

So glad i can keep vendoring these relics back so i can test them all. And i still need 300 more coms as i need 2 relics. Power clickee and Kinetic for me as gunnery. Might take me 2 months as i hate doing dailies.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger

Gyronamics
11.28.2012 , 09:24 AM | #32
Don't often see Gunnery with such high crit.

Ever since they removed the requirement to crit for recovering ammo most stacked power.

Wait, why is your tech 4 higher than ranged for gunnery?

Got the correct Cell on?

deadandburied
11.28.2012 , 09:47 AM | #33
I switched cells and put some crit gear on to verify that the relic will crit higher than previously. Just trying to ensure it's tech and not ranged crit. Easier for you to do than me though. Guess i could respec as it's free now but i'm lazy.

Did another run with the DG Kinetic relic and i'm still at 45% tech crit. Relic crit at 44.79%. Ignore the 1st fight as i forgot to equip the damn thing. http://www.torparse.com/a/59177

Did another quick test after increasing my tech crit to 47.18% and the DG Kentic relic was critting at 47.37%

I think i'm done testing for now.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger

spiewak
11.28.2012 , 03:39 PM | #34
As Gunnery spec, you want the kinetic and the power. I got them and my dps went up about to 1700 form 1600
10/10 HM

Pre nerf Revanchist

Still wants to do more DP

Leira_Kheren
12.02.2012 , 03:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post
BTW the Dev Austin Peckenpaugh was wrong in the quote i previously posted. He said with 55% armor reduction of a dummy with 5814 armor would have a DR of 19.5%. I'll repost what he said then show my findings.

His math is off. He said with full armor reduction that the DR is 19.5%. This probably explains why he also said the damage while low was within 3% of his math which he attributed to RNG. He was wrong on both counts. The real DR based on my non crit hits with full 55% armor reduction vs an Ops dummy is 21.8%. The Kinetic Relic was non critting for 219 full 55% armor reduction. Here's the damage values i got based on armor reduction.

0% armor reduction=182 ( no nothing)
20% armor reduction=196 (no armor piercing cell but using a +5 stack armor debuff)
35% armor reduction=207 (armor piercing cell only)
43% armor reduction=212 (armor piercing cell+2 stack armor debuff)
51% armor reduction=216 (armor piercing cell+4 stack armor debuff)
55% armor reduction=219 (armor piercing cell+5 stack armor debuff)

Note it only takes 1 grav round to apply a 2 stack armor debuff which exceeds the internal relic's damage. Note also that some people were complaining that there was no difference in damage between a 4 stack and a 5 stack when using any of our damage abilities. I believe these were mostly Mercs though. The above clearly shows that they were wrong.

219/280=78.2%
100-78.2=21.8% DR

The DR with 55% armor reduction is 21.8% and not 19.5% vs an Ops dummy. Using the correct math and his post with tracer missle damage you get 1804*.782=1411. Which is only off by 1 and approx a 0.1% difference.
First, nice posting =)
secondly the buff on you and the armor debuff on the enemy wouldn't stack additivly. (1-0.2)*(1-0.35) = 0.52 trasnlate to only 48% of the enemy armor will be bypassed. Moreover does armor have a diminishing return as well, thus the points you cut giving less armor than the points still there.

However, the kinetic damage proc relic is still better than the internal procc by about ~8-9 dmg/procc.

After all, I would like to thank you for your work regarding the different mentioned crit results!

Gyronamics
12.02.2012 , 12:16 PM | #36
Here's my own confirmation that the internal relic is the correct one for troopers:

http://www.torparse.com/a/62743/time...602/1354427872

Trying to view the entire 35m fight results in a timeout from the server so its cropped.

CJNJ
12.02.2012 , 04:25 PM | #37
So if i happened to buy the wrong relic and its too late to vendor should I just stick with 2 Warheros till I can buy the right one? Was going to run 1 proc 1 WH because I'm lazy

Gyronamics
12.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #38
Probably.

Basically what you are missing out on is about 15% crit if you have the wrong relic.

enoax
12.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
So if i happened to buy the wrong relic and its too late to vendor should I just stick with 2 Warheros till I can buy the right one? Was going to run 1 proc 1 WH because I'm lazy
at least one person has been refunded their coms by submitting a ticket. I am still waitign to hear on my ticket.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Gyronamics
12.02.2012 , 04:48 PM | #40
Huh, might try that myself.

There is after all zero information on the relics to say that half of them are gimped for your class.