Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New dread guard proc relic vs warhero relic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
New dread guard proc relic vs warhero relic

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
11.17.2012 , 07:32 AM | #11
oaceen, do you have a torparse log of the EC run while you are wearing the energy proc relic? I would be interested in looking at it over a couple fights.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
11.17.2012 , 09:26 AM | #12
With all the burst phases its not even a question of should you.

Alternate with adrenal and relic for burst phases.

They come with power now so the constant power loss is 113 vs 47 power, 66 lost.

Only 66 because you can keep one WH and one on-demand.

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
11.17.2012 , 10:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
oaceen, do you have a torparse log of the EC run while you are wearing the energy proc relic? I would be interested in looking at it over a couple fights.
i use askmrrobot if that's ok. hopefully this link will work: link


also, i got roped into a FE run to help someone with their HK quests immediately after before i could turn off combat logging and back on again, so there's a couple fights from that at the end lol.


anyway, ignore the first two runs. we were still getting used to it, but as you can see from the zorn & toth fights (3-9, 11-13) it's hitting for 385 max.
check the other fights and overall, it hits as high as 443

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
11.18.2012 , 12:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
i use askmrrobot if that's ok. hopefully this link will work: link


also, i got roped into a FE run to help someone with their HK quests immediately after before i could turn off combat logging and back on again, so there's a couple fights from that at the end lol.


anyway, ignore the first two runs. we were still getting used to it, but as you can see from the zorn & toth fights (3-9, 11-13) it's hitting for 385 max.
check the other fights and overall, it hits as high as 443
Thanks you, I looks like T&Z have more resistance then the tanks, but in both cases you are generally hitting on average for more than the 210 on the internal damage relic.

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
11.18.2012 , 01:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Thanks you, I looks like T&Z have more resistance then the tanks, but in both cases you are generally hitting on average for more than the 210 on the internal damage relic.
the average for the internal/elemental will show up higher than 210 since it's the set damage + the crits.

i just ran a bunch of dailies as assault and with only 18% of the elemental proc critting, it got up to 240 average damage.


but i think zorn & toth are an exception not the rule, and a gunnery commando will benefit more from the energy/kinetic relic than the elemental/internal

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
11.19.2012 , 12:49 PM | #16
I looked over some logs I have in which I am wearing a campaign internal proc relic and hitting a operations dummy. The purpose was to find out how often the relic procs. I took the total number of seconds in the fight and divided it by the number of procs. I trimmed the few seconds of dead time at the end of each fight off. The proc is called corrosive injection.

Here are the source logs (sorry these are so split up, I was testing something else and labeling them to keep track of what I was changing):
http://www.torparse.com/a/45813
http://www.torparse.com/a/45822
http://www.torparse.com/a/45828
http://www.torparse.com/a/45832
http://www.torparse.com/a/45835
http://www.torparse.com/a/45836
http://www.torparse.com/a/45841
http://www.torparse.com/a/45843


Here is the data I got:

seconds, procs, frequency
279, 36, 7.75
276, 35, 7.885714286
193, 24, 8.041666667
210, 28, 7.5
190, 24, 7.916666667
217, 33, 6.575757576
189, 25, 7.56
198, 27, 7.333333333
196, 22, 8.909090909
216, 30, 7.2

totals
2164, 284, 7.61971831

This seems to indicate that the relic procs on average every 7.6 seconds. If I refer back to the running damage in my original post it looks like the DG proc relic is going to outpace the WH relic pretty consistantly regardless of damage type.

Additionally the energy/kinectic relic is looking like it might have the edge over the internal/elemental, at least for gunnery commandos.

I would be interested in seeing more data on these points if anyone has any other logs or analysis to contribute.

SafeJungleFever's Avatar


SafeJungleFever
11.19.2012 , 08:05 PM | #17
Wow this is great data here. Thanks everyone for the theorycrafting. I wanted to check this myself but I haven't gotten in game yet since 1.5 Yeah, little pissed lol.

Anyway, I guess to expand from here, when we talk about which relics to go with I guess I can see a couple of options with the new dread guard relic info:

1. WH + Kinetic/Energy
2. Kinetic/Energy + Matrix Cube
3. Kinetic/Energy + Clicky

As far as the basic ones. What's everyone favoring?

As far as I can tell, going with Option 1 most of the time and for certain fights with burst phases, switching to option 3 makes the most sense. I'm pretty sure the Matrix Cube is officially dead. Which is sad, felt cool to have and was fun to get. I'd love it if they scaled it up in later patches. Seems silly to not have matrix Cube be part of BiS equipment in some form or another.

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
11.21.2012 , 10:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SafeJungleFever View Post
Wow this is great data here. Thanks everyone for the theorycrafting. I wanted to check this myself but I haven't gotten in game yet since 1.5 Yeah, little pissed lol.

Anyway, I guess to expand from here, when we talk about which relics to go with I guess I can see a couple of options with the new dread guard relic info:

1. WH + Kinetic/Energy
2. Kinetic/Energy + Matrix Cube
3. Kinetic/Energy + Clicky

As far as the basic ones. What's everyone favoring?

As far as I can tell, going with Option 1 most of the time and for certain fights with burst phases, switching to option 3 makes the most sense. I'm pretty sure the Matrix Cube is officially dead. Which is sad, felt cool to have and was fun to get. I'd love it if they scaled it up in later patches. Seems silly to not have matrix Cube be part of BiS equipment in some form or another.
I don't know if there is quite enough data yet to really say if the kinetic/energy is better than the internal/elemental. I would really like to see some parses of people wearing the internal relic as well, but this is my current preference.

This would be my first pick: DG proc relic and DG click relic
This is also a very good combo: DG proc relic and WH relic

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
11.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
I don't know if there is quite enough data yet to really say if the kinetic/energy is better than the internal/elemental.
for gunnery commando and scrapper scoundrels, the energy/kinetic is better.

i don't believe any other class has an increased armor penetration on top of the normal 20% in a raid setting


so for everything else: internal/elemental.
it will naturally benefit some more than others, like assault troopers, balance consulars, dirty fighting smugglers, watchmen sentinels because of all the rolling DOTs that will help keep the proc as close to its cooldown as possible.

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
11.21.2012 , 11:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
for gunnery commando and scrapper scoundrels, the energy/kinetic is better.

i don't believe any other class has an increased armor penetration on top of the normal 20% in a raid setting
This link appears to agree with you:
http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum....html#pid24331

I would still like to see more logs where I can see the individual procs on a few different op bosses but I'm pretty comfortable with the energy/kinetic proc relics being one of the bis relics. I'm going to edit the original post to include the findings.