The circle is now complete

Lium

I first picked up a copy of Knights of the Old Republic back in 2003. I wasn't a big RPG guy but I was a huge Star Wars fan. And I was also a pretty big gamer. My very first game on the Xbox was Star Wars: Obi-Wan. A game that wasn't necessarily all that good, but had a high fun factor due to all the robust Force powers and moves Obi-Wan had.

The Clone Wars game was next. And again, the game itself was only so-so, but it was fun to play as Anakin, Obi-Wan and even Mace Windu on various different missions across the galaxy at war.

Then came KOTOR. And nothing has been the same for me ever since. I had only mild interest in that game. As I said, I wasn't big on RPGs and didn't really know too much about them. I read up on KOTOR and thought it might be interesting to play in an era thousands of years before the movies. And the fact I got to make my own Jedi was really cool.

I didn't know anything about the Expanded Universe or the Old Republic era of Star Wars. I knew there was a comic called Knights of the Old Republic, but I never read it. So, with all that being said, I had no idea what to expect with KOTOR.

It was a Saturday when I popped the game in, and then I didn't see daylight again until I left for work Monday morning. That's how gripping this game was for me. It was a true experience. And like I said, nothing has ever been the same for me again after I played it.

Because of KOTOR, I went back and played all the classics: Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape: Torment, Fallout, Icewind Dale, etc. You name it, I tried it. All because of KOTOR. And these RPGs led me to MMOs, where I then ran off with World of Warcraft for a number of years.

In Azeroth I stayed for eons, it seemed. Tried out other MMOs and other games, but mostly just played WoW. Time went by and i grew older, went through several life changes, moves, relationships, stressful jobs, everything real life throws at all of us.

But the one thing that never wavered was my fond memories of that Saturday afternoon in 2003 when I first popped in Knights of the Old Republic.

Imagine my emotion when in 2008, Star Wars: The Old Republic was announced. To say I was happy was putting it lightly. I reverted back to a kid. And I've been here following this game since it was first announced.

Now here we are almost a year after launch. I didn't start playing this game until just a couple months ago due once again, to real life being hectic. But I'm so glad I picked the Jedi Knight to experience the story with once I finally got in. And a couple days ago, I finally hit 50.

It's been a long journey for me, and now I can say I have an end to my KOTOR journey. Years of wondering what happened to Revan and his companions, wanting to tie up all the loose ends to those games, and wanting to just play in that era again have finally been put to rest. And while there's still a lot of unanswered questions, I know there will be answers soon.

So, I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for a nine year KOTOR run that started on the Endar Spire and ended on Dromund Kaas.

SPOILERS:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Chad6731/Screenshot_2012-11-14_00_49_18_752888.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Chad6731/Screenshot_2012-11-14_00_49_58_456888.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Chad6731/Screenshot_2012-11-14_00_49_39_754888.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Chad6731/Screenshot_2012-11-14_00_48_45_360888.jpg

It's been a great ride. Thanks for everything, BioWare.

Now off to do some dailies.

Edited by Lium

Kotor was my introduction to rpg's as well. Kotor still has a warm place in my heart. The one thing about that game was i never saw or didnt want to see I was actually Revan. The cut scene where you find out was well done. I wish this game followed the Kotor layout. I would like to pick what powers I get not have the game tell me. I want my sith inquisitor to have thrown lightsaber and fush push? Aren't those the core powers of any jedi?

The fact Revan dies in foundry flashpoint still pisses me off to no end, there has to be a way to bring him back. Lets clone him.

Edited by CourtneyWoods

Kotor was my introduction to rpg's as well. Kotor still has a warm place in my heart. The one thing about that game was i never saw or didnt want to see I was actually Revan. The cut scene where you find out was well done. I wish this game followed the Kotor layout. I would like to pick what powers I get not have the game tell me. I want my sith inquisitor to have thrown lightsaber and fush push? Aren't those the core powers of any jedi?

The fact Revan dies in foundry flashpoint

still pisses me off to no end, there has to be a way to bring him back. Lets clone him.

Clones are lame. ;) If you're aware of who the Emperor is and what his connection to Revan is, I'm sure you could think of something a little more sensical.

Edited by CelCawdro