Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer now that F2P is here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Character Transfer now that F2P is here
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WorldSecurities
11.26.2012 , 04:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Aberd,

Game Update 1.5 has been quite a large one and character transfers in any form has not yet become available. As per previous requests for an update on this we, at this point ask you to continue monitoring the website for news as it will be fairly big news when it becomes available and you will not be able to miss it.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
hmmm. Nice hint.
"it will be fairly big news WHEN it becomes available
and you will not be able to miss it."

No "if", no 'sometime in the future', and it will be "fairly big news".

Here's hoping it's not the ill suggested '$25' per character. If you had the maximum 12 characters per server, times $25 per character, that's $300 to go from one server to another.

emwye
11.26.2012 , 04:44 AM | #12
Sorry, this has nothing to do with this topic but, MY POST HAS BEEN UP FOR A WEEK AND YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE THE NERVE TO REPLY, I'VE MADE 4 TICKETS, AND I'M A LONG TIME SUBSCRIBER ON MANY ACCOUNTS, AND STILL NO SERVICE, IT'S BEEN A WEEK, PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER, CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE ISN'T AN OPTION EITHER FOR THE FACT THEY SAY TO CONTACT DEVS ON THE FORUMS. PLEASE READ MY POSTS, THANK YOU.

/caps

godshands
11.27.2012 , 12:05 AM | #13
I am sorry if I am beating a dead horse here but server transfers need to be released. Our server Jung Ma has had a major decline in PVP and WZ ques take forever at times to pop. When we originally rolled on Jung Ma we thought it would be great to be able to PvP and experience a bit of RP. Unfortunately people are still RP'ing but not PvP'ing as much. When I que on PoT5 I get instant pops. When I que on Jung Ma I have to at times wait 20-30 minutes to play. I am not going to throw around altimatums because let's face it if I was going to quit the game I wouldn't be posting.

Please show the community that you care about our gaming experiences and allow us to move to servers that fit our play style.

sephknite
11.27.2012 , 03:13 AM | #14
I agree with a lot of the paying subscribers here. I have 8 characters (few of them level 50) that want to be transfered over so I can play with my current guild. Bioware, you've made it happen once, why not again? The thought of having to level up those characters is just a turn-off and makes us end-users think that you want us to spend more time/effort. To us, it seems like all that effort is wasted since they're just sitting in another server, unable to do anything. Please bring the character transfers back! Blizzard never had issues with this...

Aberd
12.01.2012 , 02:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by emwye View Post
Sorry, this has nothing to do with this topic but, MY POST HAS BEEN UP FOR A WEEK AND YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE THE NERVE TO REPLY, I'VE MADE 4 TICKETS, AND I'M A LONG TIME SUBSCRIBER ON MANY ACCOUNTS, AND STILL NO SERVICE, IT'S BEEN A WEEK, PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER, CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE ISN'T AN OPTION EITHER FOR THE FACT THEY SAY TO CONTACT DEVS ON THE FORUMS. PLEASE READ MY POSTS, THANK YOU.

/caps
You would think with the number of threads regarding character transfers and the number of replys on each, Bioware would get the message that this is a much needed service. More so than say a new outfit on the cartel market. BTW, the new "Experimental Pilot Suit" looks like ****. My advise to you emwye and everyone else is to keep posting and requesting this.

There is an old saying, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil." Keep 'squeaking' here and on the other threads. Hell who knows, if we all flood the forums with 1000+ threads and replys, BW just might get the message.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

yooohoo
12.06.2012 , 09:54 PM | #16
Jung Ma is getting Killed by not having any pvpers on it. We have to fix this. Already tones of people i know quit the game.. we were promised that free to play would fix everything.. it didnt help lvl 50 pvp at all!!!
Immortal (member)
Suluu lvl 50 Sentinel
Guarnere lvl 50 Sage
Skilet lvl 50 Scoundrel

Kingspian
12.07.2012 , 02:14 AM | #17
I would like to transfer my character to another server asap. Wanna join a guild there.
~ Daniel
Kingspian Level 50

DeludedAussie
12.07.2012 , 03:08 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Aberd,

Game Update 1.5 has been quite a large one and character transfers in any form has not yet become available. As per previous requests for an update on this we, at this point ask you to continue monitoring the website for news as it will be fairly big news when it becomes available and you will not be able to miss it.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
you say that but we could move our toons to from US-Oceanic servers when they were launched. Also you move characters to mitigate servers. So when you say there is no form of Character Transfers...... #iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Kingspian
12.07.2012 , 02:29 PM | #19
I say High Credits and/or Cartel points would be an option to character transfer. I really really wanna change it! Its my first time of the month and there's a good Christian Guild I really really would like to join.
~ Daniel
Kingspian Level 50

belhawk
12.07.2012 , 02:58 PM | #20
It would be nice if one could transfer to/from the PTS. I have a Sage on the PTS that i would like on the regular servers. I had to delete my sage on the regular server because a couple of quests got broken while i was on Balmora. And I wouldn't mind putting my Level 50 sith sorcerer on the PTS also.
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Dell 24" U 2711
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 680 w/331.65 o/s: Win 7 64 bit
audio: X-FI Fatal1ty Recon3D case: CM Storm