Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rage and Enraged defense, do you use it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Rage and Enraged defense, do you use it?

Bare-Giin
11.16.2012 , 06:10 AM | #1
I have to say that i find it pretty useful (thx to the new improved rage gen in the rage tree, and through passion) and i usally use it when it is off cd, what about you?

im also curious if you guys pick up the speed buff after obliterate or if you take through passion and what YOU find most useful?
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

aVmuse
11.16.2012 , 08:41 AM | #2
neither I find them both useless to be honest, i prefer using those points to get the extra strength in the veng tree.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZf0RZGMRrdfRbcz.2 what my set-up looks like.

Bare-Giin
11.16.2012 , 09:51 AM | #3
This is how mine looks like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZf0MZGrMrzfRbfz.2 and its working awesome m8 , that strangulate talent is not very useful in my oppinion =)
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

Scovina
11.18.2012 , 07:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bare-Giin View Post
This is how mine looks like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101MZf0MZGrMrzfRbfz.2 and its working awesome m8 , that strangulate talent is not very useful in my oppinion =)
It buffs your strangulate ability in that it suffers no push back at all. It is an oversight for you to not see the utility it offers. It is a great ability as not only does it interrupt another player or mob but it does good damage as well. It also builds Shockwave charges which enables your smash to be your most damaging talent. Without it you may not get every tick from your Force Choke! It also is a good Rage builder as well. However this is your toon so do with it as you please.

Minack
11.18.2012 , 11:17 AM | #5
I thought you were staying Vengeance.

lol...

Bare-Giin
11.18.2012 , 03:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Minack View Post
I thought you were staying Vengeance.

lol...
Well I love the vengeance tree, but i have always switched back and fourth between veng and rage.. And now im rage again .. I'm soon valor 100 so i've had plenty of time with both specs and its always fun with a change =) (sometimes at least )
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU

Andrew_Past
11.19.2012 , 03:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
It buffs your strangulate ability in that it suffers no push back at all. It is an oversight for you to not see the utility it offers. It is a great ability as not only does it interrupt another player or mob but it does good damage as well. It also builds Shockwave charges which enables your smash to be your most damaging talent. Without it you may not get every tick from your Force Choke! It also is a good Rage builder as well. However this is your toon so do with it as you please.
Yes, because spending two talent points to potentially gain an extra maybe 1500 crit tick on an ability used once a minute is totally worth it.

Likewise, a 10% heal (read, minor heal) for something that is on a 2 minute CD that shouldn't be used off CD anyways is also not a comparitively wise choice. I would much rather buff abilities that I use far more.
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

Bare-Giin
11.19.2012 , 01:01 PM | #8
Well Rage spec for juggs is pretty sqishy and thats no secret and thats the reason i pick up both Through Passion and Payback , cuz those selfheals saves my life pretty often.. and interceptor and strangulate dosent bring enough to the table to compensate that in my opinion and thats pretty much the only other choises we got in this tree =)
Giin
DRAMA
Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU