Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just to confirm - F2P players don't get forum post access?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Just to confirm - F2P players don't get forum post access?

Stoofa
11.16.2012 , 05:27 AM | #1
For my own sanity and before I get even more black marks on my account.
Just to confirm - F2P players, be they standard or "preferred" are not allowed to post on the forums right? Once their subscription ends they can read here but not post?

TonyACT
11.16.2012 , 05:29 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
For my own sanity and before I get even more black marks on my account.
Just to confirm - F2P players, be they standard or "preferred" are not allowed to post on the forums right? Once their subscription ends they can read here but not post?
I have noticed that former subscribers who are preferred seem to be able to post here - or at least some claim they are in that boat. I'm pretty sure F2P players not in that status can't. Unable to verify sorry.

SamuraBob_Fl
11.16.2012 , 05:32 AM | #3
If you don't have an active subscription, you can't post here. End of story.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Goretzu
11.16.2012 , 05:36 AM | #4
There maybe some lag time too, there've been issues with this forum and that before.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

FerrusPA
11.16.2012 , 05:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraBob_Fl View Post
If you don't have an active subscription, you can't post here. End of story.
Uh, okay. Guess I don't exist, then.
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung

SamuraBob_Fl
11.16.2012 , 05:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by FerrusPA View Post
Uh, okay. Guess I don't exist, then.
Having cancelled your subscriptions renewal doesn't prevent you from posting. You're still an active subscriber.

Anyone who claims to not be a game subscriber at the moment, but yet have forum access is lying.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Stoofa
11.16.2012 , 06:00 AM | #7
OK, cheers for that. So people will cancel subscripts and as soon as the cancelled subscription ends they will no longer be able to post.
So in theory, there could be another 3 months of F2P players posting if for example their subscription renewed on the 14th for 3 months and then cancelled yesterday.

EssBen
11.16.2012 , 06:03 AM | #8
Having cancelled your subscriptions renewal doesn't prevent you from posting. You're still an active subscriber.

Anyone who claims to not be a game subscriber at the moment, but yet have forum access is lying.
preferred player with no active sub reporting in.

FerrusPA
11.16.2012 , 06:04 AM | #9

I haven't been subbed to TOR for months.
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung

mitrikzoltan
11.16.2012 , 06:13 AM | #10
They should be able to post on the Customer Support forum at least. They may be paying customers as well, even is not subbed.