Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How to use the free name change per month?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
How to use the free name change per month?
 
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Makizki's Avatar


Makizki
02.06.2013 , 12:48 PM | #51
Signed.

Really fed up of my legacy name and the inability to change it. Such a simple feature with no excuse not to implement since they're now non-unique.
Won't be resubbing til it's in the game, no regrets after seeing you guys actually lied about it in your advertisement too.

Xytalyst's Avatar


Xytalyst
02.20.2013 , 11:25 AM | #52
SIGNED...

I desperately want to change my name and I really don't understand why this isn't an item in the game store like every other MMO I've played. I take great pride in my original names yet I screwed up with this one and didn't realize the name I made up was very similar to a popular Dragon Age 2 character. I regularly run into about 3 different people with similar names and I HATE IT. So please, name change option.

TheSeventhJedi's Avatar


TheSeventhJedi
02.20.2013 , 01:36 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Senaini View Post
The standard answer of "no ETA" is not good enough here.

If a company advertises something as part of a paid-for good or service, that part of the service had better be available at the time of purchase. People base their buying decisions on what companies tell them - and shenanigans like this are why there are consumer protection laws against fraud and false advertising.

This isn't like a promise from a Dev or the head of a department promising new warzones are coming soon, this is a stated part of a package you're selling that you now can't deliver upon request.
Yeah, it's sad, but I don't bother reading anything any BW dev has to say any more - and I certainly don't pay attention to the advertisements. There's like a 90% chance it's an outright lie, and the other 10% of that is misdirection. It's a sad time for gaming - remember when BioWare made not just good, but great games? It's to the point now where I'll never preorder another BioWare title - I probably won't even pay full price for one again, they go to bargain bin so quickly these days.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB


(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Sjoperd's Avatar


Sjoperd
02.20.2013 , 05:45 PM | #54
/Signed. (Here goes nothing, right? Just like our 234289374 pages long EU Maintenance time topics back in the days lol.)

Spiraleddie's Avatar


Spiraleddie
02.20.2013 , 05:56 PM | #55
Hi, I would like a name change option as promised. I have happily subscribed and purchased cartel coins but I am seriously considering if this game is worth pursuing further, there seems to be too many broken promises and like a bad relationship it is only natural that when you hear " i can change" one more time you just meh forget it, its easier to start again with someone else.

chaseer's Avatar


chaseer
02.20.2013 , 05:57 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Shattered_Sun and PoliteAssasin,

The name change services are not yet available.

As soon as we have an ETA for them to share we will let you know.

Thanks!
You can expect to wait over a year for this service like others promised.

Orlesian's Avatar


Orlesian
02.20.2013 , 07:22 PM | #57
I cannot wait for this to be implemented! Hopefully it will not take too long!
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

JobrintheJedi's Avatar


JobrintheJedi
02.20.2013 , 08:23 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Orlesian View Post
I cannot wait for this to be implemented! Hopefully it will not take too long!
It has already taken over a year. Do not hold your breath.
You came in that thing? You're braver then I thought.

Magicmind's Avatar


Magicmind
03.06.2013 , 03:44 PM | #59
We the people can create change!!! maybe we need to start an mmo union?


Keep signing!

Magicmind's Avatar


Magicmind
03.07.2013 , 12:07 PM | #60
I wonder what will come first, this or the barbershop?