Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whos yours favorite tank?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Healing
Whos yours favorite tank?

SgtKlavier
12.08.2012 , 07:58 PM | #21
Quote:
HP is FANTASTIC once you have met the diminishing returns, just makes the healing easier ( can drop that extra AoE on the raid while a 32k tank is doing just fine).
Even if it gives healers more reaction time, healing is harder with more hp.

ohto
12.24.2012 , 09:58 PM | #22
Whoever says health isn't important is very misinformed, on certain fights, for example Firebrand and Stormcaller your mitigations don't mean ****, it's all about your health,
So if you're a tank walking into NiM EC with 22k health you better hope you have some damn good healers
Rozor
The Harbinger
System

Kitru
12.25.2012 , 12:50 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ohto View Post
Whoever says health isn't important is very misinformed, on certain fights, for example Firebrand and Stormcaller your mitigations don't mean ****, it's all about your health
The only time that mitigation "don't mean ****" is if you're tanking Stormcaller (Firebrand is *pure* M/R so mitigation means everything there) and, at that point, your hp only matters insofar as giving your healers a reaction window to keep you alive. Unless you routinely drop to sub 4-8k hp while tanking Stormcaller, that extra hp cushion from your 26-30k hp isn't actually contributing at all. It's just sitting there, being pretty and doing nothing.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Shadowseve
12.31.2012 , 02:52 AM | #24
This is interesting, No one said powertech as their favorite. I figured since they have the smoothest damage intake they would be a fav for healers. I figured I would see some hate for shadows/sins due to there natural spikiness( especially if a healer isn't used to them). Interesting to see that the few that have actually chosen a fav have went mostly jugg/guardian.

Kitru
12.31.2012 , 10:25 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowseve View Post
Interesting to see that the few that have actually chosen a fav have went mostly jugg/guardian.
I think a lot of this has to do with the player being more important than the class. It's true for everything but especially true for Tanks since it requires a lot of situational awareness and the ability to predict incoming damage/mechanics/etc. Guard/Jugg tanks definitely have the higher skill bar to become functionally proficient with, which means that it's going to weed out a lot of the idiots very quickly. VG/PT tanks are so simple and forgiving that almost anyone can run one effectively so you're generally going to see a lot higher percentage of idiots at the helm of one than you would Guard/Jugg tanks. Bad Shadow tanks are going to go squish because said player doesn't know how to use their active survivability tools properly, but a good healer is going to carry them through it. As such, at the end game, Guardians tend to be the ones that look the best: you can progress reasonably far into the endgame as a bad VG or bad Shadow, but you really can't do that as a bad Guardian tank. Essentially, the same mechanics that make a lot of people not bother with Guardian tanking are the same thing that ensure that only effective Guardian tanks can progress beyond a certain point, almost ensuring a certain degree of skill.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.