Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whos yours favorite tank?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Whos yours favorite tank?

CaptainApop
11.26.2012 , 08:00 AM | #11
There's more than one type of tank!?
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

haksilence
12.04.2012 , 03:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bryceman View Post
I prefer guardians because they seem to negate damage much better than shadows and on the same lvl as vanguards. Overall as long as it isn't a shadow because most shadows stack too much endurance and not enough defensive stats.

shadows have the single highest mitigation potential (mathematicaly) but many people just play them plain wrong. endurance stacking is always the wrong way to go and even in full campaign, if you hvae over 25.5k hitpoints your doing it wrong. and im saying 25.5 being the upper absolute limit.

dipstik
12.06.2012 , 01:15 PM | #13
people with 25.5k health are prolly gearing wonr because they are prolly useing the +41 mod with high main stat over the high endurance mods that have +32 mitigation stat.

i would say that i prefer vangaurds, because even bad PT/VG tanks will mitigate damage well it seems, and they have a pull and good aoe. jugg tanks are amazing, but i think to be good at jugg tamnking takes a little more work than people put in alot of the time. i love my shadow tank, but i know healing them is a pain because they nerfed them so hard in terms of armor and self heals.

Larzi
12.06.2012 , 01:20 PM | #14
There is nothing wrong with stacking Hit points after you get to a point that you are getting diminishing returns for the main survivality stats.

I think the idea thats HP is wrong for tanks came form some Shadow tank somewhere that is upset he has to stack defensive and shield/absrob cus he wears a dress to tank.

the vanguard class naturally has more shield and absob, of course they arent going to be at 30% defensive while 60% sheild and absorb.

i doubt its possible to even get a toon to those stats, the game made 3 seperate tank classes that need different gearing. HP is FANTASTIC once you have met the diminishing returns, just makes the healing easier ( can drop that extra AoE on the raid while a 32k tank is doing just fine).

Helig
12.06.2012 , 01:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
i love juggs
Yup. Guardians and Juggernauts. Everything else bores me.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Lorica
12.06.2012 , 01:32 PM | #16
Shadows\Assassins are the most fun to play so my vote is for them, however something in heavy armor already has an advantage over someone wearing light armor. In that case, Guards/Juggs are the second most fun to play especially if they are your Biochemist.

DragooGC
12.08.2012 , 04:35 AM | #17
I ran a Shadow tank and I agree that stacking too much Endurance over defense/shield chance/absorb is not the way to go.

My stats: (before i switched him to DPS for a change of pace)
around 30% damage reduction (armor)
30% def chance
60%+ shield chance (kinetic ward)
60% shield absorb (and i had relic that gave absorb chance increase)

My HPS were around 20k-21K

This is all from memory been playing a healer more now adays.

The only downside with a Shadow is multiple mobs with 8 charges of kinetic ward can go quick.

With kinetic ward up, I could mitigate 80%-90% damage.

A tank with 25k health with low defensive stats will take 20k damage faster than a tank with 20k health with defensive stats maxed as much as he/she can.

And what other tank class has an ability to negate 100% of a force/tech attack? Resilience?

Many people claim that the Shadow has the best agro management then the other classes, I kind of agree.
<No Fear Dojo> Sith Empire <Galactic Council> Republic Dreamweave-Operative HealerDragoe-Shadow Tank(Shadowlands)
THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!http://youtu.be/w3XH3EhOkHM

CaptainApop
12.08.2012 , 06:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
i love juggs
I'm more of an a s s man.

Edit: Profanity filter be damned, there are puns to be made.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

DarkAkra
12.08.2012 , 06:58 PM | #19
As of right now my Shadow tank stats are as followed

HP - 27,363
Damage Reduction - 40.28%
Defence Chance - 29.98%
Shield Chance - 64.46%
Shield Absorption - 60.06%

So far the only boss i have had trouble with over our Vanguard tank is Kephess the Undying because his main Attack Wrist Laser can't be mitigated. Other then that I have zero problems with everything else
<<<You're Welcome>>>
Akraman - 55 Shadow Mal'Kata - 55 Commando
Akrawomen - 55 Guardian Mal'Katan - 55 Sentinal
Morone - 55 Vanguard

mokkh
12.08.2012 , 07:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainApop View Post
I'm more of an a s s man.

Edit: Profanity filter be damned, there are puns to be made.
Now that's funny stuff.
+1