Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 Guide

Mikro
11.15.2012 , 09:43 PM | #1
I would suggest everyone gets onto getting their HK droid companion ASAP and here is why. Part of that quest is to search a large area of land on 4 different planets hoping to find HK droid parts. If you miss the initial rush and are doing this with only a few friends it might take you hours to locate all the parts. I tried doing it solo on the PTS and I gave up after 6 hours and only two parts, so I recommend you all follow the rush and get the companion ASAP.

You can use my guide with images if you get stuck, but be warned - spoilers are present:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/companions/hk-51/4670/

Here is the short textual version for those that just need the low down:

You need to be level 50 and go to Belsavis and enter the new daily area called Section X. The moment you disembark from the shuttle there will be a droid with a quest - he starts your HK-51 quest. You will next need to go to the NW part of Section X ( Frozen Lake) and talk to a generl that will point you in the direction of Fatality. Inside space ship Fatality you will need to fight several mobs with a mini-boss at the end that are soloable if you have decent gear. Next, you will have to travel to a derelict ship called Theoretika. On this ghost ship you will have to look for power cells, datalogs and keycards to get deeper inside the ship and fight a mini-boss (beatable with decent gear) to get HK schematics. This is probably the best part of the quest because the mood is just right.

NExt you will have to go to Tatooine and purchase 1 part of HK-51 and get scanner with which you will have to scan areas on Taris (in front of the Endar Spire wreck), Dromund Kaas (Dark Temple approach - huge section), Coruscant (Jedi Temple Ruins - another huge area and yes - you will need the opposing faction character to do this) and Hoth (Ambria’s Fury wreck). The point is that the scanner only scans 25 meter circle, but if there are a lot of you searching you can loot the part once other people find it.. The last two parts are in the Foundry/Maelstrom flashpoints Hard mode and the False Emperor flash point normal mode.

After that you go back to the general and the Fatality on Belsavis and after killing the final champion - Lord of Agony - you can finally enjoy your very own assassin droid.

HK, for me, is an iconic character in The Old Republic, so the first thing I did moments after the servers came back up is start searching for him. I spent about 4-5 hours and I was lucky because there was a ton of people searching and finding the parts so I could loot them as well. I recommend you do the same.
SWTOR Database
www.swtor-spy.com

Living The Old Republic

Endriss
11.16.2012 , 02:40 AM | #2
Thank you for this

finelinebob
11.16.2012 , 02:51 AM | #3
Dulfy.net, as usual, also has a decent guide ... in fact, Dulfy has an in-depth guide (including video, spolier alert, but it doesn't autoplay so a visit is safe) and a summation of additions around HK-51 ... as well as a number of other guides to new stuff in publish 1.5.

... and for the OP, you mean the wreck of the Endar Spire, right? Not the Ebon Hawk....
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Varium
11.16.2012 , 02:54 AM | #4
Can I get the scanner and part from tatooine even before starting the quest?
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

IcyBergals
11.16.2012 , 03:09 AM | #5
Yes, you can buy the scanner before starting the quest. Before the servers went down for the 1.5 I logged my character out right next to the vendor so I could log in, buy the items, and quick travel away, avoiding all of the griefers that were sure to camp the area.

Khumak
11.16.2012 , 04:02 AM | #6
anyone know if the Wrapped HK transistor is consumed once quest done, or can i mail to alt.....my guess is 1 for each toon i want to run the quest with correct?

AshlaBoga
11.16.2012 , 04:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by khumak View Post
anyone know if the wrapped hk transistor is consumed once quest done, or can i mail to alt.....my guess is 1 for each toon i want to run the quest with correct?
consumed.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Mikro
11.16.2012 , 07:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by finelinebob View Post
... and for the OP, you mean the wreck of the Endar Spire, right? Not the Ebon Hawk....
Thanks - I changed that. My mind was on Ebon Hawk for some reason LOL.
SWTOR Database
www.swtor-spy.com

Living The Old Republic

OpeningToEndgame
11.16.2012 , 07:06 AM | #9
http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-pa...mpanion-droid/

I used this over Spy. *shrug*

Also, have fun gearing up your Droid. On my server, I've spent near 4-5 million on mats for parts. I've also augmented him with Aim/Endurance.

19 Molecular Stabilizers
7 Synthetic Energy Matrix
38 Enriched Durasteel
198 Durasteel
198 Zal Alloy

Note: These mats are for the DPS Assassination Unit 12. Other mats may/may not apply when crafting other types.

Killigraphy
02.23.2013 , 04:22 PM | #10
Probably the worst idea I've seen yet, as far as going a companion goes. The fact that you need a toon on the opposite faction is eyebrow raising, never mind the scanning that takes more than an hour even with a group. Just a bad implementation all around. Hopefully the entire quest chain gets toned down. No one should have to hit max level to experience a new companion. It isn't like you're unlocking anything crazy to begin with. As much as I love HK, just not worth it right now.