Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

doctor_
12.04.2012 , 01:47 AM | #971
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi guys,

We wanted to give you an update to let you know that this issue is still under investigation and is a top priority for us.

As you know there's a number of different issues at work here and we are working toward providing a resolution as soon as we can. We understand the frustration that the issue is causing, but unfortunately we don't have a time frame for when this will fully be resolved.

As my colleague posted before some cases can be resolved through the steps here.

We will keep you updated when we receive any updates.

Thank you for your continuing patience.

ARE WE THERE YET ? ? ? ...

Cos I want to activate my HK bloody 51 on my Operative :P

Need my coin's ...

With love,
Eisenfaust.

Shevyk
12.04.2012 , 02:11 AM | #972
I am hoping that after this maintenance that they fix this issue. I experienced this cc purchasing error last week, and I called customer service as suggested by other posters on this thread. They were able to manually purchase cc for me and advised me to wait over 24 hours before trying to purchase more.

Well, four days later, I get the same error. Nothing has changed with my credit card information on their site. There is no record of any attempts to purchase cc other than my own. There is no issue with my bank accepting further charges from this source. So, it is THEIR problem. Again, I hope that they can fix it. Perhaps after this maintenance they will.

SosukeAizen
12.04.2012 , 05:21 AM | #973
And NOTHING! What the hell bioware this is beyond a joke now, seriously get this sorted out.

Stansman
12.04.2012 , 06:16 AM | #974
Quote: Originally Posted by Ragglemuffin View Post
Guys, I had the same problem. I did make a seperate thread about it but I will paste what I put into here:

Hi all,

Well i have just finished my conversation with the Customer Service Rep in the Account and Billing department (after a 90min holding time), and the following happened:

Told him i was having failed transactions for cartel coins and that none of my payment methods worked (visa credit, vis debit and paypal).

First of all, he looked into the payment history to see that there was a record of failed attempts, to confirm that the cards were ok i asked him to process coins through both my visa credit and visa debit cards. These went through, confirming that my cards were ok.

I then asked him what the issue was and he said:

We have noticed a trend occuring with this problem. Against the accounts we think there is a cooldown period of 24hrs after purchasing 5-6 lots of coins. If you are to purchase any more once the cooldown period has been implemented, your account is blocked due to the account automated security assuming that someone else has hacked your account details and is purchasing against your will (which is quite a nice anti-fraud device, although it is annoying getting it removed.)

It was recommended to only make up to 4 purchases per day. To remove the block you have to phone up customer services for an action to be placed on your account. This action is then dealt with by a different team.

Well i hope that this has cleared up the issues for those who have the purchasing errors.

Good luck all.

I hope this has at least put the majority of you to rest
Ok well I guess that settles it..So make no more than four purchases in one go or your account gets blocked until you call them..apart from it being the most annoying anti fraud system I've ever seen they need to make a big clear announcement warning us that this will happen.

MazakMatsura
12.04.2012 , 08:46 AM | #975
Sucks, still doesn't work, gonna try calling support AGAIN.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

rathk
12.04.2012 , 11:08 AM | #976
just downloaded newest patch and still cannt buy cartel coins. this has been buged since 1.5 launch!

SosukeAizen
12.04.2012 , 12:55 PM | #977
Ok CS people are kind and nice but no help what so ever as of yet

Shevyk
12.04.2012 , 01:48 PM | #978
Yep, I tried calling them, and I got through the initial "layer" of CS. I sat in a queue for thirty minutes and was summarily cut off on their end. My information hasn't changed. I was able to purchase as much cc as I wanted without any problems before the patch that broke this.

I even spoke to my bank again, and they are not blocking BW from charging me. It's your bugged out security system that is causing the problem. I am happy to buy more cc to enhance my game, and I'm going to try to call CS one more time this afternoon when I have the time. However, if you don't want my money, fine with me.

vynaera
12.04.2012 , 02:28 PM | #979
Any idea how much longer this is going to last?

Stansman
12.04.2012 , 05:39 PM | #980
Quote: Originally Posted by vynaera View Post
Any idea how much longer this is going to last?
Based on whats been said on this thread it will last until you call them and get lucky by managing to talk to a person who can fix it..a pathetic situation. And with no official warning about their anti fraud system permanently blocking your account if you go over the daily limit the number of people affected by this is going to grow.